Thursday, May 30, 2013

Stripes At The Gap

On my way home, I stopped at the mall near work to check out the Gap and Banana Republic today. I was able to try on the Striped Roll Sleeve Maxi Dress size S and 'gray stripe,' which I've had my eye on for a while. This is my size at the Gap, usually. The dress felt very comfortable on, due to the cotton 55%/modal 45% content. At 5'6", it falls almost to the floor on me and I loved this dress.
Striped Roll Sleeve Maxi Dress (similar here, here, here)

Another dress was the Drop-Waist Striped Jersey Shirtdress also size S and 'navy stripe.' The jersey composition is the same as the one above, so it is just as comfortable. It has a drawstring at the waist and lateral pockets. It is quite short on me, but a tall size would add a bit of length.

Drop-Waist Striped Jersey Shirtdress (similar here, here, here)

The sandals I am wearing are the Strappy Sandals, no longer on the website. The store I visited had plenty, however. They were really comfortable on and fitted TTS.
 Strappy Sandals (similar here, here, here)

Lastly, the Stripe Foldover Pencil Skirt size M. All the S sizes were gone, so I went with the next one up. It had quite a bit of fabric in the hip area, so I am cinching it at the back to see how an S might look. The website photos of this skirt didn't do this skirt justice, in my opinion. Once I saw it on, I really liked it. I am wearing the tee tucked in here.


Other items that caught my eye at the Gap:

Slub pocket pullover (in 9 colours)
Slim cropped pants (IRL photos here)

Right now, the Gap is offering 30% off sale items online only with code GAPSALE through June 1. The sale section in the store was packed and I plan to go back in the next couple of days to check it out. Will you be shopping this sale? Please share!

Have a great end of the week, everyone!



2 comments:

  1. The stripes are great on you, especially the two dresses, you look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, tiffany rose! You are too kind. :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.