Monday, May 20, 2013

J.Crew - May (III)

On my last visit at J. Crew I was able to finally try on a couple of sweaters which have just arrived. One of them was the Collection Texture-Stripe Sweater size S. The texture of the knit was achieved by using different kinds of yarns. The sweater label reads cotton 62%/nylon 15%/linen 13%/polyester 10%, for those interested. I liked the fit and the feel of this sweater quite a bit.


The other sweater I have liked since its appearance on the website has been the Jeweled Medallion Sweater also size S. The sweater is cotton 63%/linen 20%/nylon 17%. It is a boxy sweater and I liked it a lot as well.


I also tried a new top style # 01237 size 2 (edit: it is the Embroidered Gauze Top). The colour is called VBU ('vintage burgundy,' perhaps?). It comes in an orange ('dark papaya', white and navy version as well. The embroidery on the upper front is gorgeous.

 

The LOOK20 sale is on through tomorrow across the entire website. The B&M stores are also offering a 30% off sale items right now.Is there anything you just had to had during this sale? Please share.

Hope you had a great beginning of the week. We had a statutory holiday up here today, but it's back to work tomorrow. Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. VBU: vintage burgundy, surely that's too logical a train of thought for the creative team of colour namers at J crew. Jokes aside is that the orange at the bottom? I really love the Crew's modern red which that seems similar to. Thanks for the reviews, always. International shopping wouldn't be nearly as tempting without them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to take a look at the orange blouse tag, but that's the blouse. It's very pretty. Thanks, jude musings!

      Delete
  2. thanks for the reviews - I like the striped sweater much better on you than on the website!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, WMM! You are too kind. It's a nice sweater, for sure.

      Delete
  3. Thanks SO much for these reviews!!! I wondered about the last shirt. It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, rynetta! I think that colour would look great on you!

      Delete
  4. I am loving that bottom red colour - so bright and summery

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.