Thursday, May 2, 2013

J. Crew - May

Since the sitewide sale continues through tomorrow, I thought I'd post a few more photos of some of the things I just had to try on at JC. The Swoop Dress in Punk Floral size 4 is a beautiful green silk, but as you can see, it is too short for me at 5'6". I liked the colour and think this would look adorable on someone young. The Swoop Dress in the solid colour size Tall 4 is 2 inches longer, if you are interested in this dress.

Swoop Dress in Punk Floral (more floral dresses here, here, here)

Swoop Top in Punk Floral size 4. There was no size 2 for me to compare to, since that is usually my top size, while size 4 is my shirt size at JC. This size felt very roomy in the chest area, but otherwise the fit was good. The opening at the back may be a deal breaker for some ladies, but it wouldn't for me, since I have long hair and it would be covered. Overall, it's a cute top and wish they had made it in at least 2 more colourways. If you like this pattern but wish to get something else in it, there is also a blouse, silk/wool skirt, pants, or even a tank. I settled for the Printed Linen Scarf, given the 30% off sale.

Swoop Top in Punk Floral (more floral tops here, here, here, here)

Boucle Jacket in Indigo Colorblock size S, or my usual jacket size. I liked this almost as much as mi Micro-Tweed Jackets. There is also a black/white version called Boucle Jacket in Colorblock. Of course I wouldn't wear so much navy together in real life. :) You have seen the Cafe Capri in Dot here before. The shoes are the Seville Wedge Espadrilles and they fit the same as the ones form last year - true to size.


What I picked up at JC with the more recent promos:

Cafe Capri in 'desert' (they look like a caramel colour to me)
Everly Suede Pumps in 'burnt sienna'

How about you? Please share!

Hope you all had a good week and have a great end of the week!


10 comments:

  1. Those dotty pants are perfect on you, the neckline on that dress really suits you as does the colour but yes agree too short - wonder why they are making these dresses way too short, most dresses now I don't bother to even try on they are too short

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jody. I liked the pants too, and also the dress. I suspect you and I are not the target market for the dresses. :D

      Delete
  2. Maybe you wouldn't wear so much navy together in real life, but I would! LOL

    The punk floral is so incredibly popular but I don't get it. What am I missing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I do too, if I dress in business suits.

      I think JCAs are starved for pattern from JC after years of stripes, so we will take anything that comes out that's different. JMO, of course. :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Tammy. I tried to keep away from dots but both my friend and the VPS twisted my rubber arm :D

      Delete
  4. Think I'm getting close to being shopped out ... punk floral an easy pass since I don't wear green well, stripes will likely not match, bored with color blocking before I was really into that. But I also cannot keep away from dots.

    You look super cute in the polka dot pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tiffany rose! I kept away from dots for as long as I could. :D

      Delete
  5. I love this cafe capris in dots and the indigo colorblock jacket :o) I need a pedicure urgent before taking my sandals out of close :P Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! Hope you get to a spa soon, and the same to you too! :)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.