Wednesday, May 15, 2013

J. Crew - May (II)

Last weekend I managed to take a look at some of the new items at JC. The popular Linen Tippi Whale Sweater size S, my usual sweater size. The embroidery is adorable and I didn't find the linen scratchy at all. The sweater is just a bit sheer, which you will notice in the photo below.

 

Next I tried it on with the Daisy Lace Mini size 6. Usually I take size 2 or 4 in skirts, depending on the style. I sized up in this to pull it lower and wear it on the hips, but still no go. Too bad, as this is one I would have really liked to have this summer.

  Daisy Lace Mini (similar here, here, here)

The Collection Featherweight Cashmere Tippi Sweater in Colorblock Stripe size S is from the previous roll-out but I only noticed it recently in our store. I liked the colorblocking of the stripes:

Collection Featherweight Cashmere Tippi Sweater in Colorblock Stripe
 (similar here, here) 

Lastly, the Linen Baseball Sweater size S again. The yarn for the sleeves is linen/poly 60/40, while the yarn for the body (white part) is linen/viscose/nylon 49/37/14. It felt cool on, so it should be nice to wear in the summer.


I still haven't seen some of the CARDSTYLE promo items I ordered a while back, but hope to do so this weekend. What's coming:

Cafe Capri (in black and light oregano)

And just as I type this, the new promo is on the JC website: 20% off women's apparel with code LOOK20 through May 21. Will you be partaking in this sale? If so, please share!

Thanks for dropping in and have a great rest of the week! 

6 comments:

  1. I think you have the legs wear a skirt that length. Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, jude musings! You are too kind. :)

      Delete
  2. thanks for the reviews~! for some reason, the whale is a different colour than I thought it would be! I think the daisy lace skirt looks good on you, but as you know, I didn't keep it for the same reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just the lighting, WMM. I took the close-up photo just to show the detail.

      Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Rynetta at jcrewismyfavstore just put it up on her blog. For some reason, the color of the whale shows up as the true colors there. I'm seeing it as as quite a yellow green on my monitor here. it's more of a kelly green. I just picked one up this weekend and love it. you definitely need to wear it over a shirt. Try a blue/white stripe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, i agree, it looks yellowish in the photo. Enjoy the sweater! It's adorable!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.