Thursday, May 9, 2013

J. Crew - May (II)

I have a few more photos from my previous couple of visits at JC,which I haven't had the chance to post for JCAs until now. The Perfect Shirt in Crosshatch Linen size 4 and 'brilliant blue' is a little tight across the chest on me. I would either size up to a 6 (for size 36C in undergarments) or wear a skinny bra with the size 4. I'd take size 6 because I would want to be on the safe side. The fabric is gorgeous in texture and in colour and I loved this shirt!


Embroidered Gauze Tunic size XS (left) and XXS (right). Normally I wear size S in JC tops, but these are supposed to fit oversized. The ivory one is still a good fit, but shows too much cleavage in the chest area. The skirt is the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Clover Tweed size 2. It is currently sold out, but watch for popbacks. The pants in the right-hand photo are the Liberty Toothpick Jean in June's Meadow Floral size 28. This is my usual toothpick jean size at JC or Anthro. They are cute, but  a pass for me.

Embroidered Gauze Tunic (similar in navy here, here, here)
(similar in ivory here, here, here, here)
No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Clover Tweed (similar here, here)
Liberty Toothpick Jean in June's Meadow Floral (similar here, here, here)

Also loved the Ikat Tee in 'bright indigo' and size S. You may have seen the 'navy' version here before.It's currently on sale for $34.99 minus 30%, so you do the math. :) The skirt is the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Pinwheel Eyelet size 2, which you may have seen  here before.


Lastly, the Pilar Sandals in the 'pecan' colour and size 8, or my usual J. Crew shoe & sandal size. They are wide enough to fit my medium width feet and felt comfortable on:


Code SUNSHINE is still running through Sunday, May 12 this week and will get you 30% off extra on top of the sale price. If you are lucky, you may have scored some great buys already. Did you get anyting this promo? If so, please share!

Have a great end of the week, everyone!

17 comments:

  1. Rose thanks for the review of the linen shirt - I really like it on you and I love the colour! That may go home with me! I have been watching for a couple of things on popback, but holding on until there is something I really want!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy! I'm certain you will like it as well. Good luck watching the pop backs! :)

      Delete
  2. I also got the linen crosshatch shirt. Tried on the polka dot but a bit much for me. Did not see the ikat or would have tried that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great buy! Maybe it is sold out already. - given the really good price.

      Delete
  3. I had to try two of the same size in the linen crosshatch shirt to find one that fit me well. The first one I tried gaped at the bust and the buttons didn't want to stay in the buttonholes. The second shirt was perfect, though. Same size!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting abouth the shirts, cate. Glad you found one that was not defective.

      Delete
  4. Hi Rose, I love the colour of the linen crosshatch shirt. How did you find the smoothness of the fabric? I think I read on JCA that someone found it very scratchy.

    I only bought one thing during this sale, the linen colourblock Soleil tee. Everything else jumped out of my cart before I could check out. Nowadays, I think I'd have to get up at 5 am to catch popbacks, it's insane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the colour too, Louise! I don't recall the fabric being scratchy, but I may not be sensitive.... I don't know.

      Crazy, eh?

      Delete
  5. OK now, what is a skinny bra? If there is some undergarment out there that can reduce my bust size, I want it pronto! So tired of ordering size 10 shirts for the extra bust room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I call the ones that are not padded. LoL Sorry if you misunderstood! :) I prefer the plain ones, but I can't always wear those.

      Delete
  6. That top shirt really is perfect - and with the dotty trou - divine. That is one of my fave outfits on you (and I can't get over my surprise you have long blonde hair...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jody! Haha! You are too funny. If you come to Vancouver, you can see for yourself. :)

      Delete
  7. Agree I love that shirt with the dotted pants on you! The shirt sounds like a love child of linen and chambray and now goes on my shopping list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beautiful and you will love it. Check out BR as well - I just saw one today there.

      Delete
  8. Love the embroidered gauze tunic and the linen perfect shirt is really flattering on you! I also bought the Ikat tee and I love it---in fact I am wearing it now! I got mine to fit a little looser like yours fits and have worn it with black skinny jeans and sandals and it was really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are the pilar sandals comfortable? the leather piece in between the toes looks like it might hurt after a while

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.