Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Club Monaco Kenson Printed Pencil Skirt and New Arrivals

Earlier this week I happened to be at a conference downtown and on my break I ended up in Club Monaco. The pretty new skirt below was right at the entrance and caught my eye because of the lovely, colourful print, so I figured I should take a quick tour around the store. I haven't set foot in CM in eons and this spring I think I was there twice already. The collection has changed quite a bit from what I remember to be a lot of beige. The SA informed me they have just received new arrivals, so my visit was quite timely.

The skirt is the Kenson Printed Pencil Skirt size 4. I think this is closer to a Banana Republic size 4 than size 4 of J. Crew. At J. Crew I am either size 2 or 4. The skirt is fully lined and has a gold exposed zipper at the back, as you can see from the photos below. I liked this skirt quite a bit.

The peplum top is the Danielle Structured Top also size 4. It is trimmed with the same floral print fabric the skirt is and has a side zipper.

 Danielle Structured Top (similar here, here, here, here)

Kenson Printed Pencil Skirt (similar here, here, here, here)

View of the zipper and the 4 'darts' at the back:


There is also a beautiful silk top called the Zelda Print Top in the same motif:

Zelda Print Top

Kiki Top is also silk and has beautiful sleeve embellishments:

Kiki Top

Another cute top is the Keeley Embellished Shirt, also silk:

Keeley Embellished Shirt

Cory Print Sweater is a lovely colour and made of linen/rayon:

Cory Print Sweater 

A trench coat bearing my name? Now, that's a first. It comes in five different colours and the one shown below is called 'seafoam.'

Rose Trench

Tamarrah Skirt reminds me of the Tuxedo Pencil Skirt from J. Crew seen here before.


Also lovely is this little Inge Christopher Corsica Bag:

Inge Christopher Corsica Bag

From the sale section I liked: 


Club Monaco is offering free shipping on all orders. That's great if you want to place a small order only. Have you been to Club Monaco lately? What did you think?

Have a great Wednesday, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. lol...I remember an all beige & weight Club Monaco. It's good to see them evolve and branch out. I love your picks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, gigi! I like the new CM!

      Delete
  2. I love these! This could be my better skirt, Rose!! I am off to visit it right now online - I was just bemoaning the fact that J crew hasn't had a skirt like that this summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it, WMM! Can't wait to see the review!

      Delete
  3. I used to shop Club Monaco quite a bit. I found the tailoring quite good and their neutrals fit right in with my office wardrobe.

    What a pretty trench to bear your name. :^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, those colours are great for an office wardrobe. Thanks, xoxo!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for this post! I have been steadily increasing my spend at Club Monaco over the past 12 months, I think it now accounts for about a third of my purchases (before that it was nearly 100% J. Crew, scary!). I have found Club Monaco tends to offer better quality for the money, compared to J. Crew. I love the new summer collection, so many things to like, and the colour palette is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to see more Club Monaco reviews, Louise. I agree, the summer collection is very pretty.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.