Thursday, April 11, 2013

J. Crew - New Arrivals Picks

This morning new arrivals appeared on the JC website, and naturally I had to pick my favourites, like this Tartine Purse. It comes in three colours, and my pick is the 'modern red' one.

Tartine Purse (similar here, here)

Seville Chambray Espadrilles are a nice change from the beige ones I got last year. I know I would wear these a lot in the summer.

Seville Chambray Espadrilles (similar here, here, here) 

Daisy Lace Mini. I've seen this in the store and it's adorable. Too bad it's too short for me, but I'm certain shorter gals would look great in it!

Daisy Lace Mini (similar longer here, here)

No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Navy-White Stripe. This one is a linen/cotton mix and should wear well in the summer heat. I also love the sweater the model has on, but it's not yet on the website, that I can see. Looks like a floral intarsia Tippi to me.

No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Navy-White Stripe (similar here)

I'm a pencil skirt fan, so the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Neon-Piped Seersucker is also a favourite. The piping is a twist on last year's version. This year's version is also 1 1/2" longer too.

No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Neon-Piped Seersucker

I've already checked out the Rugby Stripe Dress last weekend and loved it. Quite short on me, just like previous years' Maritime Dresses, but I loved the dried papaya/white stripe combo of the dress I tried on.

Rugby Stripe Dress (similar here, here, here)

Knitted Princess-Seam Dress looks adorable in the coral version.

Knitted Princess-Seam Dress

Perfect Shirt in Linen Dot. I already tried this one and loved it. The colour is a bit brighter than the website photo, so be aware of that.

Perfect Shirt in Linen Dot

Collection Featherweight Cashmere Tee In Stripe comes in three colourways:

Collection Featherweight Cashmere Tee In Stripe 

Quite a few more likes, and will post about them in my reviews.

What items did you like in this roll-out? Anything you just had to had to take advantage of using the current promo? Please share!

Have a great end of the week, and thanks for visiting my blog!

8 comments:

  1. I really like your picks! I love both of those pencil skirts, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, rynetta! I knew you would. ;)

      Delete
  2. I bought the daisy lace mini in red, but sized up 2 (from a 2 to a 6) sizes so I could get a bit of length. Surprisingly, this tactic works with this skirt. Doesn't work with all, but I'm glad I tried it. I think it runs small or very narrow, because I can't keep a 6 on my hips in the other minis. I agree with all of your picks. I need to try that seersucker pencil skirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great idea, Elizabeth! Thanks for sharing.

      Delete
  3. Nice picks Rose. I need to finish flipping my wardrobe and the purge that goes with it but I am feeling the seersucker pencil skirt and the striped jersey dress, although the copy says it has an a-line shape so probably won't look as nice IRL. I've off on a US business trip in just over a week so hope to try a few things in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured you'd like it. I'll have a review soon!

      Delete
  4. Love your picks! I see a few things that I would love to get (but will of course wait for a great sale - after our spearmint tweed jacket deal, I'm sure we can get these at great prices, too!). Especially loving the pencil skirts, the tartine purse and the perfect shirt in linen dot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, injanuity! Yes, of course, we'll wait. Ad now that the new store is opening at the end of the month ( and will be only women's & accessories), we' ll have even more selection, I think.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.