Tuesday, April 2, 2013

J. Crew - April

Last weekend I made my way to the JC store and checked out some new arrivals. The Ikat Tee in 'navy' and size S. Initially I wasn't attracted by this tee seeing it on the rack, but I liked it once I put it on. It's all cotton and would be a great summer top. The Cafe Capri in 'black' and size 4 are cotton with a hint of stretch. Normally I am size 2 in these pants and the Minnies, but I didn't see a 2 to try on. They are a bit loose, but not too bad, and would love a pair of these for the summer. 

Ikat Tee (similar here)
Cafe Capri (similar here, here, here)

But it was the shoes that got me very excited. They are the Everly Mirror Metallic Pumps, and I sized up half a size in them, just like I did in the Monas. I have been looking at them in the style guide, and this was my first encounter with them. 


Next is the Colorblock Shift Dress size S and 'coral.' There is also a 'blue' version, but this colour was something more up my alley. This is my usual size in these dresses. It's a substantial cotton, with 2 applied pockets on the front. I liked this dress quite a bit.

Colorblock Shift Dress (similar here, here) 

The sandals are the Mari Sandals 'portabella mushroom' and size 8, or my regular shoe size. I liked them quite a bit as well. They felt very comfortable on and the leather was sturdy, but soft to the feel at the same time. Excuse the blurry first photo.

Mari Sandals (similar here, here, here)

That's all for now. Code SUNSHINE will get you an additional 30% off sale items until April 7. I was able to snag a pair of wool Cafe Capris that were on super sale in the store. How about you? Anything exciting that caught your eye at JC lately?

Thank you for visiting and have a great Wednesday, everyone!


6 comments:

  1. That Ikat tee is a bit of a surprise. I didn't give it a second look on the website, but it looks great with the black pants.
    Love those silver heels too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Ruth! Love the pumps too!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the reviews Rose. After your last review I ordered the the Gap sweatshirt dress in the hooded version, I wouldn't have considered it from the website pictures alone but that goes to show the power of real life reviews. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome, and thanks for letting me know. Glad I could help.

      Delete
  3. LOVE those mirror pumps, they were the first thing I noticed about your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too, Lisa! They are a head turner, for sure!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.