Monday, April 29, 2013

J. Crew - April (IV)

Last week new arrivals made their debut on the JC website and in the local store, so I had to go take a peek at them, naturally. A couple of tees I had already seen on my previous trip South. One of them is the Stitchwork Stripe Top in 'navy' and size XS below. This tee is one size smaller than I normally wear at JC.


and the 'neon azalea' below, also in size XS. I loved both colourways.


Another new top is the Embroidered Wildflower Top size M. There was no size S left in the 'navy colour way in the store. The embroidery is only on the front and sleeves.


Embroidered Wildflower Top (similar here) 

The same Embroidered Wildflower Top ( in 'white' and size S. It is a bit sheer, but usually I wear white tops with nude bras, so it wouldn't be a problem for me.  The pants are the Cargo Scout Chinos size 4. These fit the same as the Bennett Chinos from last year, so size up. They were also marked down considerably in the store, and a discount applied on top of the sale price. The shoes are the Seville Stripe Espadrille. These fit the same as they did last year.


Lastly, since I am on the subject of tops, the Engineered-Stripe Boatneck Top size S, my regular size. What can I say? I can't resist a good stripe. The fabric is more substantial than I expected from a summer tee. The gold is quite matte and the stripes are thinner than on the gold striped tee from a couple of years, I believe. With the 30% off using the JC card, this tee was a good deal at $31 and change.


I have a few more reviews coming up in the following days, Blogger-permitting. Uploading photos has been slowed to a snail pace this evening, but hopefully Google will fix the Blogger problem soon.

The SPRINGBEST/CARDSTYLE sale has been extended at JC through May 3. The items are flying out the virtual window really fast. Have you managed to snag something really nice this sale? If so, please share!

Hope your week has started well!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reviews Rose.
    Would you say` the seville wedges are TTS? Have you tried the chambray seville wedges?

    TIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ina! I only trie on the navy and the stripe and they both fit TTS.

      Delete
  2. You look great in stripes Rose, I like the cargo scout chinos on you too. I found the tone on tone embroidered top prettier than the black/ivory version. It's a nice texture play and the embroidered to solid transition is not as noticeable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, xoxo! I like them too. I liked the white as well, but since I have enough white tops, I had to pass on this one.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.