Sunday, April 14, 2013

J. Crew - April (III)

The Convertible-Jewel Collar Linen Sweater was not even on my radar until I noticed it in the store on my most recent visit. As the name implies, the collar is removable, but I wouldn't bother. The stones are very pretty and give the sweater a polished look. The sleeves are 'bracelet' - or a bit longer than 3/4 sleeves. I am wearing size small, or my usual in JC sweaters.


Here are close-ups of the collar:


Next is another piece I completely ignored on the website, the Collection Beaded Crest Shirt size 4. This is also my usual size in perfect shirts at JC. The cotton is substantial and the crest is white beads. This would be perfect in the summer under a blazer if you need to dress up for the office, or with a nice white denim or double-serge cotton skirt.


Close-up of the beaded crest:


Lastly, the Collection Featherweight Cashmere in Colorblock size S and 'aqua nickel sea.' The colours looked quite washed out in this photo, but they look much better IRL. The upper arms are light blue, while the neck and sleeves trim is mint green.I liked the colours in this sweater, although the featherweight yarn is quite thin, so please keep that in mind.

(more colorblock sweaters here, here, here)  

And here's a sighting at the local Winners (TJ Maxx sister). It looks quite close to the Tessellate Necklace from last year.


As I am writing this, I also noticed JC is offering a new promo: 30% off final sale items with code SPRINGTHAW through April 21. 

Great deals with this code on:

Pink tweed jacket (IRL photo here)

Will you be getting anything with this promo? Please share!

Hope you had a restful weekend and your week has started well, everyone!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spam will be deleted.