Friday, April 12, 2013

J. Crew - April (II)

Last weekend the B&M store had a 30% off sale items and some great deals were to be had, such as the Spearmint Tweed Jacket in the Polyvore set in a previous post. I also managed to try on a couple of new items, among them the Rugby Stripe Dress size S. This is my usual size in dresses at JC. The fit is similar to previous years' Maritime Dresses, and so is the fabric - a substantial cotton knit. If you like beach dresses but would rather stay away from stripes, I reviewed the Colorblock Shift Dress here before.


The Stripe Cotton-Silk Popover was on sale, and an additional 30% discount applied. This is the usual cotton/silk fabric we have seen used in the JC shirts, which I love so much! The size is 4, and there is some gaping at the chest area on me. I am usually 4 in these type of shirts, and a 2 in the silk Blythe, for reference. The colour is 'neon azalea,' so quite bright, but not your 'burn your retina' kind of neon. I have the Cashmere Sweatshirt in this colour and love it.


 Lastly for now, an older photo from a previous trip. This is the Perfect Shirt in Linen Dot, size 4 and 'chrome green' colour. Loved the fabric and the colour. The pants are the Cafe Capri size 4 and 'black' and you may have seen them here before.

Perfect Shirt in Linen Dot
Cafe Capri  (similar here, here, here)
Everly Pumps (similar here, here, here)


Here are some of my latest bargains:

Jeweled sweatshirt. I love this and received several compliments on it already. (IRL photo here)
Stripe gauze cardigan in the 'mocha min navy' colourway (IRL photo of 'white cove aloe' here)

What are yours? Please share!

Vancouverites also note that the new store in the Pacific Centre Mall will be opening April 26 May 22,  I've been told. That's exactly one year from the previous opening. I am guessing we will see an e-mail from JC about this soon.

Hope you have a lovely end of the week, and a lovely weekend ahead!



4 comments:

  1. that striped dress is so fun! and how exciting pacific centre mall is getting a j crew. i'll be in vancouver in june and can't wait to visit the b&m stores!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy your visit, Phiphi! :)

      Delete
  2. I love love looooved the linen dot shirts, they are so cute in both the green and blue. I couldn't justify another polka dot shirt though. le sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for the shorts, Tasia.... Summer's coming. :)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.