Friday, April 5, 2013

Banana Republic New Arrivals Picks

Looking at the BR new arrivlas on the website, one can't help but notice a lot more colour this spring. My top favourite from the new items is the Gia Convertible Crossbody in four colours. The 'bright coral' definitely got my attention. It can be worn either as a clutch, or a shoulder bag, or a crossbody bag. With a 40% off coupon most Wednesdays (sign up with BR to receive the codes), this bag becomes a bargain purchase.

Gia Convertible Crossbody

Carlie Pointed Toe Flat comes in patent leather (3 colours), a nude colour leather called 'blush' and a calf hair version. They are very similar to the Viv Flats from J. Crew and seem well made.


Patent Skinny Belts in similar colours to complete the look:

Patent Skinny Belts

Hampton Fit Sateen Crops come in six different colours and are cotton (98%) with a bit of stretch (2%).


Sloan Pencil Skirt comes in five different colours, and the emerald version is already on sale. With the sales BR has almost every week, this is a bargain too.

Sloan Pencil Skirt

Shadow-Stripe Pullover also comes in five different colours and I like the stripes in similar tones on this sweater.

Shadow-Stripe Pullover

Shea Wedges look comfortable and these also come in many colours (six).  

Shea Wedges

The Ponte Knit Square-Neck Sheath has exactly the kind of neckline that suits me, so can't wait to try this in the 'navy' colourway.

Ponte Knit Square-Neck Sheath 

And lastly, the Delhi Delight Semi-Precious Necklace. This is the BR take on J. Crew's Bubble Necklace. In comparison, this one is plated with 10K gold and has chalcedony stones, hence the 'semi-precious' name. I am not a fan of big necklaces, mainly because I wear little to no jewelry, but I am certain there are several  ladies who will wear this well.



These are some of my picks.Which ones are yours?

Banana Republic is offering 30% off the entire purchase through April 7 with code BRAPRIL30.

Have a great end of the week, and thanks for visiting my blog!

9 comments:

  1. I really like the Delhi Delight Semiprecious necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought you might, rynetta! ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you posted these picks, I am definitely going to check out BR when I go to the States next week. I really like the last necklace too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LR! Hope you find something nice for yourself!

      Delete
  3. I love your picks! I got some Martin sateen crops last year and wore them all summer for work. Looks like the Hampton is a narrower cut, so will flatter you gals with the slim stems ;)

    I loooove chalcedony. Will have to check out BR now to see if they offer different styles with that stone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try those pants soon. Between the JC capris, tha Gap skim crops and these, I should be able to find a pair that fits me well.

      Delete
    2. I recently bought the hampton fit crops for and really like the cut. I am more on the trunk side than the slim stems though.

      Delete
  4. The bag and sheath are on my radar, and now, thanks to you, the flats are too. I love how versatile the bag seems to be. Thanks for sharing your favs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the bag briefly today, but there was no coral. The hardware is matte and looks great! Hope you find something nice there, maryeb!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.