Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Jo Malone

While in San Francisco for work last week, I felt quite dehydrated, despite drinking a lot of water. The air up north where I live is much more humid in comparison. My lips, which get dry really easily, were suffering more than usual. Comes to the rescue Vitamin E Lip Conditioner from Jo Malone. I got it at the Jo Malone counter in Bloomingdale's, but it's available in other stores as well. I apply it just before bed, and in the morning my lips still feel moist. I admit it's pricey, but I think it's worth it. None of the others lip balms I have had so far have performed as well as this one. Store in the fridge when not using to preserve the vitamin E in it.


Also at the Jo Malone counter they had new limited edition fragrances. Readers of this blog know I am a die-hard Orange Blossom Cologne fan, but I liked the new Redcurrant & Cream almost just as much. I didn't buy it, but it was very tempting, for sure!

Description from the Jo Malone website: "A summer pudding. Sharp-scarlet juices of redcurrants, lush strawberries and raspberries, rippling through creamy musk. Vivacious and enticing."


The other fragrances in this limited edition line called Sugar & Spice are:

Lemon Tart: "The mouth-watering tang of lemon tart. Sparkling with citrus fruits and verbena, contrasted with swirls of meringue and lemon thyme. Refreshing."


Bitter Orange & Chocolate: "The bite of bitter orange, layered with dark chocolate.  Orange peel counterpoised with warm, powdery cocoa, milky coconut and coumarin.  Sumptuous and addictive."


Elderflower & Gooseberry: "A voluptuous gooseberry fool. Crushed, summer-green gooseberries, juicy with lychee, enfolded into the soft delicacy of elderflower. Tender and feminine."


Ginger Biscuit: "Just-baked biscuit. Spiced with ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon, melting into caramel. Butter-crumbly with roasted hazelnuts. Warmed by tonka bean and vanilla. Irresistible."


Have you seen these new fragrances at Jo Malone? What did you think? Do you use any Jo Malone products? Please share!





 



11 comments:

  1. That's really interesting about the difference in climates, I never think of that because it's all the same here, the lip balm sounds lovely I always use aquaphor but I'll give this a try next time I pop in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst is when I travel to the prairies. I will have to check your lip balm afterwards too.

      Delete
  2. bitter orange and chocolate... off to Bloomie's for a sniff!

    is the lip balm unscented ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may get hooked on that one. It truly smells of chocolate. The lip balm has a faint honey smell.

      Delete
  3. I haven't tried Jo Malone but I love my cheapo Neal's yard chapstick. Just a hint dry lips drives me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, now I have to try Neal's as well. :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh, these scents sound terrific! I currently wear Fresh Sugar Lemon as my Summer fragrance and Burberry Brit as my Winter one, but I think I could really get into the Bitter Orange and Chocolate or Ginger Biscuit. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them are quite heady, I found. The redcurrant was the lightest one.

      Delete
  5. I have the same lip balm and it's the best thing ever! I agree it is pricey, but I've had mine since November and I use it every night and it's still got a lot of life left in it. I didn't know to store it in the fridge - thanks for that tidbit.

    My favorite fragrance is red roses. Smells absolutely beautiful.

    Also, if you got into a Jo Malone store and "sign up" with them (basically give them your info), you get 15% off during your birthday month and during a few days in I think November there is a "members only" (like friends and family) discount of 20%. Considering how expensive the stuff is, it's a great discount!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know they last a while. I do that with things that contain vitamins (C, E). Also lipsticks and other creams in the summer.

      I wore rose fragrances for many years, and then slowly got into the citrus scents.

      I will definitely sign up! Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  6. Jo Malone Nectarine and Honey is my regular scent, and I also occasionally wear their Orange Blossom. I was in Bloomingdale's last night and tried these new specialty fragrances and they were definitely interesting. The one I liked best was the Orange/Chocolate -- I wasn't sure I would actually wear it, so I spritzed it all over and then went home to think about it. Very glad I didn't buy, as after 2 hours I was sick of the scent.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.