Sunday, March 24, 2013

J. Crew March (IV)

Since I already had these pics ready to go, I figured I'd post them before the end of the 25% (30% if you are a card holder) promo is over.

The Merino Tippi Sweater in Pop Art Dot is size S and fits the same as the other Tippis I tried on or own. I liked the fun bright red. The skirt is the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Cotton. I have the basic 'black' and 'natural' in this skirt, as well as a 'mauve morning,' and here I was trying to figure out if the 'melon' colour was speaking to me. I am wearing my usual size 2 in this type of skirt.


I gave the skirt another try here, this time with the Circle-Print Chambray Popover size 4 seen here before. It would also go well with a navy or a grey top, I think.
Tiny-Stud Denim Belt (similar here, here, here) 

Cove Paisley Dress size S. Loved the print and the fit on this one! The fabric is a thin tee cotton, and it's a bit sheer, but this is a beach dress, so should be ok for that. I might wear it around town while doing errands in which case I'd wear nude colour undergarments and some summer wedges or sandals. The shoes are  Martina Suede Wedge and they were on sale in the store.

Cove Paisley Dress 
Tiny-Stud Belt
 Martina Suede Wedge (similar here, here, here)


Block Print Stripe Dress also size S. This is also a beach dress, and the stripes are 2 different print fabrics sewn together. The seams are quite visible in both photos. I liked the colours, as they go well with my skin.

Block Print Stripe Dress 

What else I'm liking:

No. 2 pencil skirt in pinwheel eyelet (already on sale and a good deal with the promo)(IRL pic here)

Are you taking advantage of this promo? Please share! I couldn't resist the pinwheel skirts and the Pink Tweed Jacket from my previous post. At the time of ordering, the jacket was sold out online and a lovely PS was able to locate one for me in a store, but this morning it is back in stock, so happy shopping!


 

10 comments:

  1. As always, you look great!

    I think the melon would also go well with their neon rose and other darker oranges as well as pinks. I have been good thus far, waiting to see if there is a sale update on monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, WMM! I didn't think of trying those colours with the melon skirt. For sure there has to be an update on Monday. Hope you find something nice.

      Delete
  2. I really, really like the colour and print combo in the block print dress,but I don't know that I could get around the odd texture from the horizontal seams! It is a great tone on you, and the melon skirt looks like a fresh new colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Sarah. You may be able to iron them flat, I think. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Lovely, Rose! The two dresses look great on you!
    Strangely enough, I'm not fond of the melon colour - I think it's just a bit too unsaturated, kind of not a pastel but not a bright.
    The pop art Tippi is cute, but I would prefer it to be just red, or just blue.
    Thanks for your reviews.
    There are no special offers for us poor international customers, so there's no incentive to buy anything. Probably a good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ruth! I liked the melon because it's not as bright as what we have seen in stores last year. I thought about the Tippi too but I think the two colour dots are growing on me.

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. I like both of those dresses on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally caught up on my blog reading here ;) Great reviews. The popart tippi has my attention now. I saw it on the weekend stacked up in the fitting room, but didn't see it out on the floor, guess everyone's been trying them on. The melon pencil skirt is so much softer IRL than the colour swatch online, which I think it's a good thing. It reads less trendy. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CC! I like the 'melon' colour quite a bit.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.