Friday, March 22, 2013

J. Crew - March (III)


The Pink Tweed Jacket has been in our store for a few weeks now and seems to be currently sold out online. You can still get it at Net-a-Porter. Better still, call a store and ask one of the personal shoppers to check inventory and do a charge/send. I loved the colour of the fabric quite a bit on this one. Size 4 fitted me well, so I didn't need to try on the larger size I had with me. The jacket is cotton and lined with poly. The sleeves are normal jacket length.There is orange piping on the outside as well as on the inside on this jacket. EDIT: Sunday a.m. this jacket was again fully stocked in all sizes, for those interested.

Pink Tweed Jacket (similar here, here, here)

The Double-Square Tee size S. This definitely makes the upper part of the torso visually larger, which is something I don't need, but I liked the bright colour of the pink squares.

Double-Square Tee

My favourite is the Eyelet Front Sweatshirt size XS. That's one size smaller than I normally wear in tops and sweaters. Sizing up to an S would have made this look boxier.  
 Eyelet Front Sweatshirt
Sailor Pant (similar here)


From the previous roll-out, the Liberty Perect Shirt in Tresco Floral size 4. Even size 4 is a bit tight across the chest. For reference, I am size 2 in the Blythe blouse and usually 4 in boyshirts. This winter I sized up to 6 in the tartan shirts. It's a lovely print, and you can find this on a mini skirt, toothpicks, tank & bikini (in ivory), if you prefer.


Lovers of the Liberty print shirts can find quite a few at  Lord & Taylor in the US and the Bay in Canada. (The Bay is Lord & Taylor's new owner, FYI). Last week while perusing the mall with a visiting friend, we went briefly to the Bay and discovered the beautiful prints below. The links are to the Lord & Taylor shirts and are currently on sale. The Bay had a 30% promo running at the time, so check to see if it is still on.

Peacock

The following print was available at the Bay (Canada) only. It almost looked like a Tresco print on black background to me.


I'll have some fresh new arrivals in my next post. Until then, don't forget that code LOVEJCREW will get you 25% off sitewide plus free shipping on $150+ orders until March 25. Use code CARDMEMBER if you are a card holder or applying to get one and you will get 30% off your order. Don't forget Ebates, which is 6% right now for JC purchases.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

16 comments:

  1. Rose, the pink tweed is truly lovely! I've only seen it on the NAP website before now, so thanks for the pics.
    The tee is cute, as is the sweatshirt.
    Have a great weekend. Looking forward to seeing your next reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ruth! The jacket is even prettier in reality, but I am biased, since I like pink.

      Delete
  2. That pink tweed jacket is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rose, thx for the reviews. I ordered and returned the liberty shirts from lord and Taylor's - as I had feared, they collaborated well on the prints/fabric, but the fit of the shirts is just awful (sloppy over large shoulders, largish collars, loose fit). More like Lands End than JCrew perfect shirts. Just wanted to post this mini review in case ppl are thinking abt them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for pointing that out, maqsad. I agree, it is quite visible from the photos that the L&T and The Bay shirts are not fitted. Some ladies might prefer that.

      Delete
    2. Yes, I don't care for the fit anymore of the JCRew shirts. They used to be great but they are too tight in the shoulders and bust area for me anymore and I have a very small bust so it is the overall fit. I would like to try the looser fit ones. Thanks.

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen any prints in the Bay collection that I like as much as the JC ones. I've never checked them out in person though- is it similar fabric? I love, love, love the soft, light quality of the JC shirts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabric is similar. If you go to the Bay, check out coats and ballet shoes in Liberty prints as well. Yesterday I tried on a couple of reversible coats with the one side in a Liberty print. Too cute for words!

      Delete
  5. OH, I love the pink jacket on you. I ordered one from n-a-p since they were sold out in my size when I ordered. I am still hoping for a pop-back to get the extra % off or might call a store. Good to know the LIberty tresco runs tight in the chest too. I don't have a chest but my shoulders give me issues. Thanks again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shekster, I hope you caught the pop-backs this morning and return the NAP one. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the reviews. I can see how the square tee would be hard look for a lot of us to pull off. The eyelet sweater reminds me of the lady lace popover, a sweater I loved but lost in travels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to read you lost the lady lace sweater. Hopefully JC will bring that back again.

      Delete
  7. I saw those printed shirts at J Crew the other day but didn't have time to try on, really love that green and blue one. The Floral is really cool and intriguing but wonder if you would quickly tire of it. That's what has happened to me in the past with distinctive prints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the prints, but I always think the same as you. I tend to wear a new item a lot, so I might tire of it too soon.

      Delete
  8. I like the pink jacket a lot but the mint one is the one I got. It just seems more special b/c how often do you get a jacket in mint green. Always been one of my top three favorite colors along with purple and pink.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.