Sunday, March 17, 2013

J. Crew - March (II)

I have a few pics left from a couple of previous trips here, and luckily by now, a few items have already hit sale. Like the Stripe Gauze Cardigan size S, now on promo for $50. This is my regular sweater size at JC. I liked this particular colour combo the most for spring - white & navy with green cuffs and trim. It's comfortable, and the knit doesn't seem to be easily snagged, as some have feared. The yarn is cotton/nylon 70/30.


Collared Eyelet Tee size XS, or one size smaller than I normally wear. I really loved this tee. Because it's embroidered on T-shirt material, the top is a bit stretchy and doesn't feel stiff at all, like eyelet sometimes does. I am trying the 'ivory' version, but there is also an orange one called 'melon spice.'


Pixelated Houndstooth Skirt size 4. For reference, I take size 2 in the pencil skirts (cotton & wool), and size 4 in the Tuxedo Pencil Skirt I blogged about before. While I love the colour combo in this skirt, I am not a big fan of A-line skirts.


Elbow-Sleeve Tee in Stripe With Anchor size S. This is a cute tee and you can get it in stores for 20% off while the promo is still running. The pants are the Sailor Pants size 2, my usual size in pants. I didn't think much of them when i saw them on the table, but they were different than the capris and the minnies, and wanted to see how they fit. They felt great on, and can be dressed up or dressed down, depending on the occasion.

Sailor Pant (similar here)

Yesterday I saw some new items, which I will show later on. I was also told that new arrivals will be in the store tomorrow. Just a sneak preview of what is to come soon:


I couldn't find a driver/software for my ancient scanner quickly enough, so instead I just snapped photos of the pages. 

Did you get anything at JC recently? Please share! Hope your Sunday is bright and sunny on this St. Patty's Day!


16 comments:

  1. The lace blouse in the photo is incredible---is that going to be in the stores? I'd made a special trip for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No clue, Sue. It's called Collection Embroidered Eyelet and it's quite pricey.

      Delete
  2. love the stripey cardi - tres chic!
    The PH skirt looks good with that sweater too.

    Is that the April Style guide?
    I wonder when new things will be online...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, ruth! The skirt is cute, for sure! That sweater is a bit too long for the skirt to wear it over, and it's too bulky to tuck it in. I would choose a cropped one in a similar colour.

      Yes, it is, and no clue about when they will be online. I am guessing this week or next.

      Delete
  3. Eek! The Aldonia sandals from 2008, slightly altered, but reincarnated for 2013! (The sandals w/the small, rounded studs.) Missed out on them in '08, and now I'm over the flat, hard, uncushioned sandals JC produces so will miss them again. Oh well! ;)
    Thanks for the reviews & the sneak peek! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was before I started to notice JC, so they will be new to me.

      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  4. That striped cardi didn't look like much online but sure looks cute on you! Glad to hear the yarn is OK, cos I've got my eye on the Collection Gauze Dot Shell and Argyle Cardi. The site description of the yarn is similar for the 2 collection pieces...makes you wonder about the price point though.

    Thanks for the reviews and the preview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CC! I liked the other colour combos too, but this was my favourite. I also like the Collection ones you do as well.

      Delete
  5. Love the collared eyelet tee on you. Did you also try on a size small? I am wondering because I am the same size as you (in everything!) and I ended up buying the small, didn't try the xs. It fit but was a bit boxy on the bottom but I knew that it wasn't going to be fitted anyway so I am ok with that. I'm wondering if I should go back to the store to try the xs on. Thanks for your reviews, btw - they are so helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never did, since my VPS said she fitted into the XS, and we are the same size. So I only went for the XS. Thanks for visiting, Zoelicious.

      Delete
  6. The striped sweater and eyelet tee are very flattering on you Rose. I don't usually like eyelet but you wear it better than most. I bought the linen peony tee and it is nice but a bit shapeless, which is fine for a linen tee. The Madewell linen tees fit much better IMO, let's see how they hold up. I haven't seen anything else interesting at J.Crew lately but that will likely change with the release of more spring dresses.

    Speaking of dresses, I decided not to purchase the Mabel dress from Anthro after reading reviews that were hit and miss. Oh well, there will be other pretty dresses I'm sure. Did you ever see it in store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, xoxo! I liked my peony tee as well. I got a Madewell one from K Line a couple of weeks ago and it is way sturdier, I agree.

      Sorry, but I totally forgot about the dress on my previous trip. I'll be dropping by in a couple of days and this time I will definitely remember. They still have it in our store and will report back.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Rose, I'm curious to know what you think of the Mabel dress since it is still in the back of my mind but it's not burning a hole in my wallet any longer so if you see it great but if not, no worries. I look forward to the J.Crew new releases now that spring is only days away. Surely there must be something for me appearing soon.

      Delete
    3. No problem. It's on hold for me.

      Delete
  7. I don't like the fabric on the gauze sweater. I would snag it before I even made it out of the house. I hope to try on the eyelet tee some time soon. Thanks for sharing pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad. I thought it was pretty sturdy in comparison with the featherweights. I think you will like the eyelet tee.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.