Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Gap New Arrivals Picks

While I wasn't looking (again!) new arrivals appeared on the Gap website. I was in the store just last week, but at the time I hadn't seen these yet. There are lovely colours for spring in here. The Bird Print Scarf caught my eye immediately. Made of cotton and rayon, it also comes in 2 other versions, with white and yellow backgrounds, respectively.


Eyelet Roll-Sleeve Popover Shirt is long-sleeved (which may not be clear from the photo) and all cotton:

Eyelet Roll-Sleeve Popover Shirt

Since an eyelet top is always popular in the spring/summer, how about the Eyelet Shirt which comes in 'icy mint,' 'white' and 'neon pink?'



Shrunken Boyfriend Printed Shirt comes in two pretty ladybug print (adore!) as well as two florals, all cotton. There are also two Printed Sateen Shirtdresses with the same ladybug pattern, if you prefer.

 Shrunken Boyfriend Printed Shirt

Block Print Dolman T is all rayon and has a striking blue print. If you prefer, there is a Block Print Cardigan made of cotton.

Junk Food French Bulldog T. The bulldog seems to be familiar with the (retailer) crowd, as the design is similar to J. Crew's bulldog from the winter. The tee is made from superfine cotton jersey:


Either the Luxe Jersey Scoopneck Dress or the Drapey Maxi Dress would look great for summer:


One of my favourites is the Chambray Academy Blazer. It's also all cotton and machine washable:

Chambray Academy Blazer

A Utility Jacket in four different colours ('off-white', 'desert cactus', 'fire coral ' and 'spring lilac') made of cotton with a hint of stretch:

Utility Jacket

These are some of my favourites at the Gap. What are yours?

As I said on different occasions, the Gap seems to look better (design and quality) to me each time I walk into the store. Let's hope it continues. If you have not read Alexis' post about the Gap, here it is, complete with the link to the original source of the article. It was a very interesting read.

Hope you are having a great week so far and thank you for reading!







12 comments:

  1. I ordered the Chambray polka dot blazer today as a replacement for the (too pricey at this point) J.Crew indigo dot blazer. Hope it doesn't disappoint IRL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, AppGal! Nice to see you again!

      Delete
    2. I ordered th Chambray blazer, too! Hoping its a good fit for me.

      Delete
  2. Funny that you should mention Gap - I have been stopping in there more and more often as there are some nicer things that parallel J. Crew's style. I was in there today and was struck by how the cropped pants are very similar to JC's cafe capris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to check it out soon. Maybe I'll pop in during my lunch break

      Delete
  3. that scarf is amazing. Fabulous post, love. If you get a sec, I'm sharing my surprise gift from Lauren Conrad on my blog today as well as a giveaway. I'd love if you'd swing by. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ladybug shirt is too cute
    I bought one of the Maxidresses last year and loved it, recommend for this summer too, sizing was an issue because I needed one that wasn't too long. but I found one just right. Did you see the Academy Blazer in bright green piped in white?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out the maxi dresses. I didn't see the blazer either...maybe this weekend.

      Delete
  5. Hi Rose, love so many Gap pieces lately!! I ordered the chambray blazer and can't wait to see it. I like the fit of the academy better the the schoolboy for my shape. Thanks for the great fashion posts as always so very helpful!! I also ordered the jersey strip ON skirt per your blog, hoping I love it. Have a great weekend enjoy. MB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi MB! Thanks for dropping in! I think you will love the ON skirt AND the Gap blazer. I will have a post with it tomorrow.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.