Saturday, March 9, 2013

Gap Academy Blazer

During my lunch break I visited the Gap to check out some new arrivals. No ladybug shirts or dresses yet, but they had two new Academy Blazers. The first one is the Chambray Academy Blazer size 4. This fits similarly to J. Crew's Schoolboy Blazer, perhaps just a smidgeon larger in the shoulders. This jacket is cotton chambray in polka dot and has dark piping around the edges. Unfortunately, since I was in a bit of a rush, I forgot to check the content of the lining fabric.

Chambray Academy Blazer (similar here, here) 
DKNY Regina Sneaker Wedge (similar here)

The sleeves are lined with green fabric and have a 3 button cuff. The last buttonhole is finished with green thread, as you can see in the photo on the right.


The under-collar fabric is also green:


The second Academy Blazer I tried on was the Striped Twill Academy Blazer also size 4. The jacket fits the same as the one above. The fabric is also cotton but a sturdy twill at that, while the lining is polyester. There is white piping around the edges.This is one of the few vertical striped blazers I've seen recently and it is quite well made.

Striped Twill Academy Blazer (similar in red/navy here) 

The sleeve is lined in a neon coral colour, and the buttonhole on the third button is finished with a similar colour thread:
 

The under-collar is finished with a similar neon colour fabric.


Other likes at the Gap:

Fitted boyfriend Swiss dot shirt (comes in 4 great colours)
Military pocket henley
Trench coat

Which blazer is your favourite? Please share!

Thanks for visiting and have a great weekend, everyone!

 

7 comments:

  1. Love the Chambray Academy Blazer on you! I should receive mine this week. Hope it looks as cute on me. I'm curious how you would style this jacket. I know I'll wear mine with my jcrew matchstick jeans in green, but I'm not sure what else I will do with it. Can't really tell from the picture, but does it look ok with denim?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelley and thanks for visiting!

      The denim skirt is my casual Friday skirt, but I wouldn't wear the chambray jacket with denim. I think it would go with many other bottoms - green, red, white, yellow, pink. It' s a really cute jacket and I think you'll like it a lot as well.

      Delete
  2. So what was your opinion on the Chambray Academy blazer? Did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried on the Chambray Academy blazer yesterday and really liked it. The Sales Associate hinted that the Friends and Family event (usually 30% off store-wide) will be starting next week so I will wait to purchase it until then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know. Thanks for the tip, Bobster!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the review, Rose. I have this coming to me on Wednesday. I ordered up from my schoolboy size since the sizing started at 0, but it looks like I didn't have to do this! I really should just order more than one size, especially with free ship/free returns. :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.