Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Banana Republic - March

J. Crew's Micro-Tweed Jacket in Navy and Banana Republic's Textured Knit Lady Jacket were both on my short list for a spring jacket. In the end I did get the JC one because it is a bit more casual, but I do like the BR one as well. The front has hook and eye closures, but most likely I would wear this jacket open. If navy is not your colour, there is also a 'camel' version as well. The navy jacket also comes with a matching skirt, making this a very office appropriate outfit. Both the jacket and the skirt are size 4 and are currently on sale.


I tried on the Striped Scoop-Neck Pullover (size S) because it felt extremely soft to the touch and looked very well made. It is silk/cotton 60/40. The one I have on is called 'fall navy,' and the 'cocoon' (white/navy stripes) and 'Mayet pink' (pink/navy stripes)are currently on sale.

Striped Scoop-Neck Pullover (similar here)

And some new arrivals that caught my eye on the website are:


Cotton-Linen Safari Suit Jacket


Heritage Wrap Cardigan



Geo Lace Top (comes in 6 colours)



How about you? Anything you liked at BR lately? Please share!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Wednesday, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Rose, that BR tweed suit looks stunning on you! Very chic indeed! Did you get it?
    I've never bought anything from BR. They don't exist in Australia, and I don't think they ship here.... I've been to the shop in London, but at the time it was all a bit meh, I thought, plus lots of poly and other dodgy fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bar.thanks, Ruth! No I didn't get it. I always find quite a few things I like in BR.

      Delete
  2. I agree, the Micro Tweed pieces look great on you. I considered buying the jacket, but read some reviews that the hook closures catch in the tweed.
    The Geo Lace top looks pretty. I'm a sucker for lace and the pattern is an unusual graphic.
    Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, maryeb! I can see how those closures could be a problem.

      I likE the geo print as well and hope to check it out soon!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.