Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Anthro - March

I promised xoxo I'd check the Silk Mabel Dress and to post about it. The JC sale got the better of me, so here it is now. I am wearing size S, or my dress and top size most of the time. The waist is at least an inch too high on me, in my opinion. It seems just as high on the model on the website, so not sure if it is supposed to fit like that. Not visible are the armholes, which are cut a bit too low. The lining is poly. All that said, the print is gorgeous. Also a plus is the two pockets as well as the knee length.

 

Next is the Porto Garden Blouse size 2. Usually I am size 2 in this type of blouses and 2 or 4 in shirts. It's a beautiful print on silk, and it's slightly sheer.


Next is the Sun Medallion Pullover size XS and 'yellow.' This is one size smaller than I normally wear in sweaters or tops. The lace wraps around to the back. There is also an 'ivory' version which has a dark background and ivory lace. The skirt is the Level 99 Slim Denim Pencil Skirt size 27. This is my usual size in denim skirts at Anthro, J. Crew & Madewell. It hits slightly above the knee on me, at 5'6". I have also shown this skirt in my guest post on Roxy's blog. I loved this skirt and hoping to grab it when it goes on sale.


And lastly, the Paisley Pencil Skirt size 6. Most of the times I am a size 4 in Anthro skirts, but size 6 fitted a bit better. I paired it with the Spun Eyelet Blazer size 4, all cotton, machine wash and currently on sale. Upon closer inspection, you will see that there are two kinds of eyelet. I really liked this blazer. 

   

That's about it for now. Until Sunday, dresses are 20% off at Anthro, and here are my picks:

Islington pencil dress (great dress if you can wear poly)
Side tide dress
Striped column maxi dress

Did you get anything interesting at Anthro lately? Please share!

This Friday is Good Friday, a legal holiday here. I will be dyeing a few eggs for Easter for my friends. If you would like to know how I did it, please read my post here. It's easy and fun.

Easter Eggs

Thank you for reading and have a great Wednesday, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. Anthro & I have been on an extended break from one another. Not too many purchases made there in the clothing dept. Love that skirt on you, though, Rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gigi! I'm with you. I had more Anthro things last year.

      Delete
  2. Rose, thank you so much for reviewing the dress and providing IRL photos. The print lovely but the waistband is too high and the waist too gathered for me. So glad I didn't take the plunge.

    I bought the Painted Carousel shell and it is perfect. Nothing else seems to be catching my eye at Anthro these days. The Porto blouse and the pencil skirts look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very welcome!

      The top is really cute! Hope you enjoy it!

      Thanks very much!

      Delete
  3. I love the print on that dress, but it was too bare for church or work, so a no-go for me. I tried the carousel shell in M (pulled on one side in the back) and L (gaping arms, unflatteringly big) and was unfortunately in between sizes. I'm not a big Anthro shopper, but was invited to one of their shopping nights, and fell in love with two blouses. I got the fontes blouse in orange (turquoise) and the speckle sky blouse. Hoping they go on sale and I can ask for a price adjustment, as they were a but pricey, but I think I will get a lot of wear out of them once the weather warms up.

    Great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Wendy!

      The Fontes blouse is also one of my favourites, but haven't seen it yet.

      Delete
  4. Oh I love that Porto Garden blouse, so pretty!

    I remember when you did those eggs, those are (still) gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.