Saturday, February 16, 2013

Madewell - February

I've had the following photos for a while and am finally getting around to post them. I always find great things at Madewell, and this *Share With...Vintage Military Jacket. I am wearing size S, or my regular jacket size at Madewell or J. Crew. This is a great casual piece, all cotton. The dress is the Monochrome Shiftdress size S, which appears sold out on the website right now. Watch for pop-backs or call a store to see if they have any left.


Next is the Station Workshirt size S and 'vintage gold.' The colour is not as faded in real life as it appears on the website.There is also a green version called 'spruce.' I liked the fabric and the buttons on this quite a bit. It was also a favourite with my friend's teenage daughter who kept me company that day.


Lastly, the Silk Tux Tunic size S.  As the name says, it's all silk, but it's also quite sheer. This would look great with a wider belt, worn either with pants or with a skirt.
Silk Tux Tunic (similar here, here, here) 

Madewell has another 30% off sale with code LOVEIT right now through Monday. Some of my favourites in the sale section are:

Jean jacket in storm cloud wash (IRL photo of the previous version here. Fit is the same)
Lily lace dress (IRL photo here)
Silky dot tee (IRL photos here)
Were you able to snag something great this sale? Please share!

The sun has come out again (second weekend in a row), so a walk on the pier is in order. Have a great weekend, everyone!


2 comments:

  1. I love tuxedo tops but I was afraid of the sheerness with this one, guess it was a good thing I resisted. Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, a cami or nude undergarments are a must with this top! :)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.