Wednesday, February 27, 2013

J. Crew New Arrivals Picks

New arrivals are on the J. Crew website and as usual, I like way too many of them. Among them, I love the Collection Argyle Gauze Cardigan and the Collection Dot Gauze Shell. They are meant to be worn together, but I am more of a cardi person than a shell one.

Collection Argyle Gauze Cardigan


Collection Dot Gauze Shell  

Collection Cashmere Broken Stripe Sweater  is a 12 gauge knit and I love the beautiful colours:

 Collection Cashmere Broken Stripe Sweater 

Liberty Perfect Shirt in Tresco Floral. I tried this one on and the colours are gorgeous!

Collection Beaded Shirt. I saw this up close. The fabric seemed quite substantial (cotton) and the beading was very pretty.


It seems I like a lot of tops in this round, and the Collection Jeweled-Collar Short-Sleeve is another one. Made from the stretch fabric used for the perfect shirts, it has a beautiful beaded collar.

Collection Jeweled-Collar Short-Sleeve

Peony Tee is a beautiful linen print. It is similar to the Midnight Floral Tee, but perhaps a tad thinner. It also seems to fit larger. I will have photos this weekend, hopefully.

Peony Tee

No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Pinwheel Eyelet comes in 2 colours. I have a red one from last year, so perhaps a navy one is in order for this summer.

No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Pinwheel Eyelet 

Lillian Suede Low Wedges. I tried these on and they fit TTS and are quite comfortable.

Lillian Suede Low Wedges (similar here)


Enameled Double-Frog Bangle. The frog bracelet from last summer brought me many compliments.

Enameled Double-Frog Bangle

Multicolor Stripe Scarf in linen/cotton. I love scarves, and this one has some of my favourite colours in it.


I'll stop here for now and hope to have some IRL photos soon.

Have a great end of the week, everyone!



16 comments:

  1. Ooh that scarf is lovely! I didn't spot that when I was looking.

    Like your choices, Rose. I like the pencil skirt a lot, but as we're heading into Autumn here, it's probably not a great purchase for me.
    I posted a few of my pics, I think my general feelings of blah are due to the fact that I live in the Southern Hemisphere, so summery I'm a bit sick of summer clothes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ruth! Thanks for visiting!

      Like I said on your blog, now is the time for you to snag some great deals on coats. :)

      Delete
  2. I love your picks! I absolutely love the pinwheel eyelet pencil skirt. And, I think I need that frog bracelet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute picks! I'm particularly thrilled about the indigo floral print - definitely want to snag something in that print <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pretty, Tasia! Hope you get something you like.

      Delete
  4. Thanks Rose---I've got a trip to the mall planned for tomorrow, I'm excited! I'm not a fan of the new peter pan collars, but I'm sure I'll find a few things to try on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a peter pan collar fan either. Hope you find something nice at the mall.

      Delete
  5. oh, I love the argyle set!! Darn prices... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Sarah. The prices keep going up.

      Delete
  6. I love your picks. When I look at the photos as a collection like that I am pretty sure the models are getting younger but it could be my old eyes playing tricks on me. Thanks for your recent Madewell reviews too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, jude musings! I think you are right. I see at least 3 new models who seem very young.

      Delete
  7. Lovely picks Rose. I hopped on the bandwagon and ordered the peony tee since there was free shipping. I thought it would be a nice light summer tee to make a pair of shorts a bit more feminine. I was intrigued by the gauzy sweaters too but I wonder if they would easily snag. If you see them IRL, please let me know if you think that would be the case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is cute and I think you will like it.

      I am wondering the same about the gauze cardi and top. Can't wait to see them. I will let you know when I do.

      Delete
  8. Completely off topic but speaking of new arrivals, I was wondering if you might be able to offer somne advice on Joe Fresh sizing. They have just rolled out a line at American lower-rung dept. store JCPenney and I am contemplating making an order but am unsure how their sizing runs. Do you have any insight on their sizing as compared with J. Crew/Banana etc? I usually take a 2 in J Crew shorts and am wondering if I could do the same in Joe Fresh or if I should be sizing up. Likewise on tops. Thanks very much for any insight you might be able to share on this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle,

      In the past I found the Joe Fresh sizes are very close to those of JC or BR. I haven't bought any bottoms from them in a while though. Tops are pretty much the same as JC/BR. HTH

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.