Thursday, February 14, 2013

J. Crew - February (III)

I promised a photo of the Charlie Fatigue Jacket on the JCA blog yesterday, and here it is below. I am wearing size S in 'army green.' I am also wearing 2 layers underneath, and one of them is the sweater hoodie from Madewell, so the jacket is quite roomy. 


The material is all cotton and is extremely soft, and unlike the fall version reviewed here, this one is not treated, but has a lining:


Next is the Collection Cashmere Two-Tone Plaited Sweatshirt in Stripe size XS and 'orchid pink.' This is one size smaller than my regular sweater size. It is currently on sale and STYLE 30 also applies for an additional discount. The 'stone rose' appears quite washed out on the website, but in real life the darker stripe is quite bright. There is also a 'lemon pineapple' and 'navy snow.'


Lastly, here's the Circle-Print Chambray Popover size 4. For comparison, I took size 2 in the Blythe Silk Blouse, and size 4 in most of the flannel shirts at J. Crew this winter. It's nice shade of chambray and I liked this one a lot too. Check out the other chambray shirts I found in Banana Republic.


I have a few more photos for a future post. In the meantime, here are my STYLE30 finds:

No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Wool in 'black' and 'dark poppy'

What else I am liking in the sale section:

Mini bag (IRL photo here)
Edie purse in 'vintage navy'

Too many likes, I know! Did you find something exciting in the sale section or on the sale rack recently? Please share!

Thanks for stopping in. Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day and have a great end of the week, everyone!


7 comments:

  1. I quite like this coat Rose! When I saw it online, I was so-so, seeing it on you I was intrigued. This is a casual kind of coat that I do lack in my wardrobe, so may try it on for myself in NYC and see what I think!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like it. If not, Madewell has a really nice one too!

      Delete
  2. Charlie does look quite roomy but that can be a good thing. I find the wax coatings cold and uncomfortable, this one would be cozier with a lining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. My treated coat is quite stiff and had to wear a couple of layers to keep me warm too.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you reviewed the charlie fatigue jacket! Have you seen the boyfriend fatigue jacket? I'm trying to decide between the two...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would go with the Boyfriend, but that's only because I already have a longer one. The Boyfriend also seems more of a spring/summer one, doesn't it?

      Delete
    2. Your right, the length on the Boyfriend does seem more summer-y! A personal shopper actually found the Boyfriend in my size (it's backordered online...) so I will have to see when it comes. That lining on the charlie is making me question my decision, I'm a sucker for stripes :)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.