Friday, February 8, 2013

J. Crew - February (II)

Last week I was in the JC store to check out new arrivals. You can re-visit that post here. I liked quite a few items from the new rollout, among which the Merino Sweater in Inky Floral Print. I am wearing size S, or my usual sweater size at J. Crew. The sleeves and the back are merino wool, while the front is silk. The flowers look like hollyhocks to me, but I may be wrong. I really loved the print on this sweater and thought it looked even nicer in real life than it does in the photo.

Tuxedo Pencil Skirt (similar here, similar in black)

Next is the Daisy Lace Three-Quarter Length Sleeve Tee size S, or my usual top size at JC. I loved all the lace or eyelet front tees at JC over the last couple of year, but this one is my favourite. The top part is a bit sheer, as you may be able to tell from the photo.


Check out the beautiful lace of this tee, which is not very visible from the website photo:


And lastly (at least for now), the Micro Tweed Jacket in Navy. I am wearing size S, just like in the Poppy version I blogged about in my previous new arrivals post. I liked this one just as much, if not more, than the poppy colour.


The sale section got a big update earlier today. Some good deals are:


Were you able to find something great today? If so, what did you get? Please share!

Thank you for visiting, and have a great weekend ahead, everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Rose - thanks for the reviews! I really love that first sweater and I think I will actually be picking that one up - it will go with most of my spring summer wardrobe and I love the pattern and the colouring! Thanks for letting me know about the quality! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WMM, the stores are having 30% off sweaters right now, so you will be able to get it if you call one.

      Delete
  2. Rose, Thank you. I saw the top in store, and thought it was much nicer IRL, but I did not have a chance to try it on. I am definitely going to keep my eyes out for that now. It looks lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, KnitYarns! Glad you liked it as well.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for these reviews! I LOVE the Daisy Lace shirt. It's absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I agree, rynetta! The lace is so nicely done!

      Delete
  4. You reviewed three of my most favorite items from this rollout! I've been dying to know how the Merino Print sweater looked irl. I think it looks wonderful on you.
    I was planning on purchasing the Daisy Lace tee in ivory, but now I'm wondering if the top part looks too sheer. Did the sheerness bother you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had dark undergarments and they showed through on the top and the back, but I'd have to make sure I wear something else, that's all. It didn't bother me.

      Delete
  5. Hi Rose, thanks for these reviews!! I have my eye on the daisy lace tee - it looks a lot prettier than the circle lace tee in the winter collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm wondering if you can tell me where the lace is from for the daisy lace 3/4 tee? or if you sell it?
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.