Monday, February 11, 2013

Chambray at Banana Republic

Yesterday I stopped at BR to check out the new denim shirts. I noticed they are repeating the Denim Shirt in 'dark denim' they also offered last year. I am wearing size S, same as before. I really like the fabric - not too thick, not too thin -- and the buttons on it. The skirt is the Striped Knit Pencil Skirt size 2. It is mostly cotton, with some nylon and a bit of stretch. Usually I am size 2 or 4 at BR, but this one fits TTS to large, in my opinion.


The same Denim Shirt also size S but in 'light denim.' It's the same fit as the one above. If I had to choose, I would go for the darker one above, but that's just my preference.
 Denim Shirt (similar here, here, here)

The last shirt is the Heritage Denim Shirt, also size S. This one fits larger than the previous two. I liked the almost neutral colour of this shirt. It looks good with the striped skirt and the Double-Breasted Cardigan shown below.


The Double-Breasted Cardigan I am wearing below is size S, 'black,' made of 92% cotton and 8% cashmere. It's also machine washable, which is always preferable. There is also an off-white version ('almond'). It seems to be really well made and I loved it. The previous version of it is the Double-Breasted Sweater Jacket and comes in 'true navy,' 'saucy red' and it's made from the same yarn.


Lastly, the Chambray Shirtdress size 2. Usually I take size 4 in Banana Republic dresses, but this one looked big, at least in the hips. It's a bit tight in the chest area, so likely size 4 is the right fit for me. The dress is too short for me, so I would go for a Tall version. There is also a hem almost 2 inches wide that could be let out.
Chambray Shirtdress (similar here, here, here)  

Tonight I watched part of the Grammy's since we are having a long weekend, which means I don't have to get up early tomorrow. I was glad to hear one of my favourite songs by the Band again. Fashion wise, the only dress that was memorable to me was Rihanna's red number. She looked beautiful in it.

Have you visited Banana Republic lately? What did you think? Did you watch the Grammy's?

Thanks for visiting and hope you have a great beginning of the week!



2 comments:

  1. That chambray shirt dress looks great on you and I love that denim shirt tucked into the stripey skirt. I love my two denim shirts, they are both the softness of Cy's PJs...and I'm forever looking at other ones, they just are great for everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jody! I liked that shirt with the skirt and cardi a lot! The BR denim shirt has been a favourite of mine since last year.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.