Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Black & White At The Gap

Earlier I happened to be at the Gap and checked out some new arrivals, as well as a few items from the last month's rollout. It seems most of the neon colours (with few exceptions) are out, but stripes and dots are here to stay, as you can see from my photo below:

 Stripes & Dots at the Gap

The Striped Ponte Academy Blazer size 4 is already on the sale. This is my jacket size at other retailers as well (J. Crew, Banana). I loved this piece. It's fully lined, the ponte fabric is quite sturdy and there are two pockets on the front. There is a grey/white version as well. I am also liking quite a bit the Striped Twill Zip Jacket, but it wasn't available yet in the store.


Next was the other version of the Academy Blazer (Striped Khaki), also size 4. This version is all cotton and machine washable. It has a cute white piping all around and fully lined. The lining is a neon yellow colour that's only visible when the sleeves are rolled up.


The Printed Shift Dress (size S) looked cute on the hanger, so I figured I should give a try. It's a bit shorter than I would like, but I think I would go for the Tall version if I decided to get it. It's also fully lined, but I forgot to check the lining fabric content. From its feel, I would guess it's poly.

Printed Shift Dress (similar here, here, sim. pricey)

1969 Dot Always Skinny Skimmer Jeans size 27/4. This seems to be my jeans size at the Gap in the ankle jeans. I am 27 in matchsticks or 28 in toothpicks at other retailers such as J. Crew.


And lastly, the French Terry Hoodie size S worn with the 1969 Dot Leggings Skimmer Jeans also size 27/4 as the ones above. The hoodie is really cozy and soft due to its 100% content. I loved it and didn't want to take it off. There is a grey/white version as well if you prefer. I liked the darker colour of the Skimmer Jeans.


What else I like at the Gap:

Fitted boyfriend cat print shirt (sis would love this one)
Perforated oxfords (3 colours)
Wooden crisscross wedges in gold or brown (4 colours total)
Leather sneakers in gold
Leather tote
Leather stripe tote

The Gap is offering 25% off online purchases with code GAP25 through Feb. 11. Did you see anything you liked at the Gap lately? Please share.


11 comments:

  1. Ouu good to know! I'm really liking the printed shift dress. Would be great for work in the summer with a cardigan :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tasia! I think you will like it. It's very cute!

      Delete
  2. I like the shift dress too, and the striped blazer is up my alley. Great picks! I've always loved black and white together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LR! I am always on the lookout for a nice dress.

      Delete
  3. I like that striped blazer on you!!
    I went in yesterday to check out some of their new arrivals. I was mainly interested in the teacup print shirt. It was so cute and I might have to get it. They also had some great prints in the skimmer pants. I'm not a big Gap shopper, but they just might be getting a share of my clothing budget if they keep the cuteness up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have been much more interesting at the Gap lately, I have to admit. I saw the teacup shirt and the kitty print one and loved them!

      Delete
  4. I have the dot skimmer pants and love them so much (much more than I expected to -- I was very late to get on the skinny jeans bandwagon ) that I am strongly considering getting them in the floral pattern too at some point when the price comes down (I got the dot jeans during a promotion awhile back that made them a much better deal). I think the dot dress looks very cute but have just ordered a quite similar dress on sale at anthropologie. I wouldn't have really thought of Gap for blazers but they look great on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Michelle! The SA tried to convince me to try the floral ones on, but I was too chicken about it. Maybe I will do it this weekend! Thanks very much!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the tip that the striped academy blazer is on sale - I'm obsessed with black and white stripes this winter and love those blazers from Gap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am certain you will like this one, Lisa1 Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. I love the Striped Ponte Academy Blazer ♡

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.