Monday, February 11, 2013

Banana Republic Reviews & New Arrivals Picks

Last weekend when I was visiting BR on the lookout for a chambray shirt, I also noticed the new arrivals. A lot of nice spring items were already in the store, and among them, this Piped Pink Cotton Blazer, which I hope to check out soon. I love the subtle piping on the pockets and the sleeves.

Piped Pink Cotton Blazer (similar here, here


Also interesting is the Zip Pocket Sweater Blazer which comes in three different colours: 'autumn sun,' 'mythic blue' and 'black.'

Zip Pocket Sweater Blazer (similar here, here)

Lastly, I liked the line of cropped pants called Hampton Crop Pants in six different colours, made of cotton with some stretch:

Hampton Crop Pants (similar here)

And as I promised in my January BR post, I have a couple of items left to review. The first one is the Honeycomb Sweater Skirt size S 95% wool cotton and 5% cashmere. It's comfy and I would love this in my closet for the spring. I am wearing size S below, or the 'usual' skirt size at BR:

The other item was the Geo Dot Pencil Skirt sizes 2 & 4. The smaller of my two BR skirt sizes fits a bit snug, so I may go for size 4 if I were to order this one.I liked the print (there is also a 'camel' version) and the length on me. I am 5'6'".

Geo Dot Pencil Skirt (size 2 left)(size 4 right) 

What else I liked at Banana's:

Silk-cashmere long cardigan
Double bead cardigan
Cashmere open cardigan
Heritage safari shirt
Silk pleat-front blouse 

Banana Republic is offering 31% off on your purchase through midnight tonight with code GOODTIMES, but we know another % off is just another corner. Did you see anything that caught your eye? Please share.

Hope you have a lovely Wednesday and a happy Valentine's Day on Thursday!



10 comments:

  1. That orange jackets looks happy and lovely and easy to wear. I've been looking for coloured trousers that fit nicely - those pink ones look just the ticket. I always find the J Crew ones are too low on the waist for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you would look lovely in that orange jacket, Jody!

      Delete
  2. I love the bright blazers and of course the pants <3 The colors of this items are amazing


    Would you like to follow each other? I've already followed you via GFC dear!

    http://jesuismonika.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Monica! I love colourful clothes too!

      Delete
  3. I've been considering a pink blazer for spring and I like the pop-up collar on that BR version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, Lisa. That jacket looks great for spring and I love the collar on it!

      Delete
  4. Question--the BR website says that the Honeycomb Sweater Skirt is 95% cotton, rather than 95% wool. Do you recall it feeling like all-wool or mostly cotton?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, I think I made a mistake there, although I've never heard of a cotton/cashmere combo. I will call the store tomorrow to confirm.

      Delete
    2. I stand corrected, Keilexandra. I called a store and they confirmed it was 95% cotton, not wool. Sorry for the confusion.

      Delete
    3. Thanks for checking! Darn, I was hoping their website was wrong; I really wanted a wool sweater skirt.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.