Saturday, February 23, 2013

Anthro - February

Just a few things I stopped and tried on in Anthro recently. I loved the beautiful colors of the Calcada Tunic instantly. I am wearing a size S, my normal size in dresses or tops. Size S is quite roomy, so I could probably size down and wear it as a tunic then. At its current length and for my height (5'6"), I would consider this a (short) dress. The silk has a beautiful pattern on the front and the back. The poly lining is similar in color to the off-white of the print.

Calcada Tunic (more scarf prints here, here, here

Next was the La Festa Pencil Skirt size 4. I have been fitting into skirts sizes 2 to 6 at Anthro, depending on the designer. The skirt is a sturdy linen with a cotton lining. The beautiful embroidery is bright colours. There is a slit at the back. The denim jacket is Pilcro Denim Jacket (size S, my regular size). The denim is thick, yet very soft and felt really comfortable. This is a great denim jacket.

Pilcro Denim Jacket (similar here, here, here)

Other items that seemed interesting but I didn't have time to try them on:

Have you shopped at Anthro lately? What caught your eye? Please share!

Have a great weekend, everyone!


22 comments:

  1. Thanks for these great reviews, as always!!! I LOVE that skirt! It's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose - like all on you, as usual! The skirt is really fun for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, WMM! It is a fun one, for sure! :)

      Delete
  3. The tunic is a J Crew dress. The skirt is very pretty and the jacket helps tone it down a bit. You look great in all of the clothes. Thanks for the reviews. They are very helpful for all of us that seem to live in noAnthro land.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I agree, Blue Booby! I love 'toning down' with denim jackets. You are very welcome, and thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  4. Thanks, as always! Love the skirt - what fabulous spring/summer colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! I love colour, as you know! :)

      Delete
  5. I love the shift dress. So cute. I also like the fit of that denim jacket on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was at Anthro about a week ago and was overcome with pattern -overload...it's been a long while so I haven't got my Anthro-goggles on to help me pick out pretty pieces. Leave it to you to find the gems! Love them on you, esp. the skirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sensory overload when I enter the store, so it takes me a bit to focus. :D Thank you, cc!

      Delete
  7. Thanks Rose! I have my eye on the Fontes blouse, which should be just a blouse version of the Calcada tunic I think- looks like I shouldn't worry about getting a smaller size!

    argh- my store has NOTHING- none of the pieces that I like online. so frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it, Sarah!

      Sorry to read that. We don't get a lot of things either, in comparison to the Seattle store.

      Delete
  8. Hi Rose, did you see the silk Mabel dress at Anthro? I'd be curious to know what you think. Madewell new arrivals today look really good. I must have the See by Chloe pants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I haven't, but I will make sure I look for it next time.

      Yes, I was in the MW store last weekend and was drooling over the new arrivals. Did you see the see by chloe clutch? I predict it will sell out.

      Delete
  9. Oh the fiesta skirt looks fabulous - just thinking I wanted something with pom poms and looks great with jean jacket. Plus great for BBQ and vacays. Keeper!!

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.