Sunday, January 27, 2013

Three J. Crew Dresses

I spent this past weekend with friends in Seattle again. That invariably means a brief stop at the outlet and at the JC store. I was happy to see three of the new dresses in the stores there. I knew immediately they would be too short on me, unfortunately, but they might work as tunic instead. The first one was the Rosie Dress in Colorblock size 4. It's made of silk and has pretty ruffled sleeves. I would go with my regular size dress in this one unless you have broader shoulders.


I really liked the Wool Crepe V-Neck Dress size 4, even though at 5'6", this is way too short on me too.  It also has a very deep V-neck and comes in two other colours ('fresh violet' and 'guava').


Lastly, the newest Jules dress, the Jules Dress in Scroll Print size 2.I  have always liked the Jules dresses, but the yellow in this one doesn't suit my skin well. There was a lot of static from the lining that I couldn't get rid off, but that could be easily solved. There are also shorts in this print, as well as a Girls' Poplin Shirtdress.


The GET40 sale is still going on through Jan. 29. I hope you were able to score some great items this round of sales. The B&M stores I visited had some slim picking in the sale section, but I saw a few pink and red Excursion vests, as well as blue Schoolboy Blazers in Wool Flannel at UVilalge. UVillage also had a few pair of the Cafe Capri in Red Tartan. As usual at this time of year, the shelves were almost bare.

Hope you all had a restful weekend and have a great start of the week, everyone!

14 comments:

  1. I like the v-neck Jules style dress. I liked it when I tried it on, too. The Rosie dress looks like sleepwear. I wasn't crazy about the colors in the Jules scroll print irl, but I love the style of the print. Thanks for sharing pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seemed the V-neck is a bit more A-line than the regular Jules, if I recall correctly.

      Thanks for chiming in, gigi!

      Delete
  2. Number two is beautiful, I wish it was longer too, the Jules is great fun but my skin is the same colour as yours and as much as I love yellow, it does zilch for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can envision you in that second dress. I think it would look smashing on you!

      Delete
  3. Hi Rose - agree completely with your analysis of these three - thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vneck on you. The scroll print is gorgeous, but I'm not sure I can do the yellow close to my face either. Thanks for the reviews!

    Did you pick up anything on your travels? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, injanuity!

      There was nothing I had to have at JC, fortunately for my wallet. My shopping this time was at Madewell, Victoria Secret and Sephora, where I had some gift cards to use.

      Delete
  5. I don't know, nothing in JC's latest collections post-holiday are really catching my eye. I hope for some pretty colored new releases soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that second dress would look great on you, Lisa!

      Delete
  6. I love the Rosie dress, and the print on the Jules is gorgeous!
    Thanks for the reviews, hope I can see them irl soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Andrea! I hope you see them soon too!

      Delete
  7. Nice tunics (wink, wink)!

    They are too short for even me at 5'2". ;(

    Thanks for the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! So true. I think they would look nicely on you. :)

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.