Thursday, January 31, 2013

J. Crew New Arrivals Picks

As if the Madewell new arrivals weren't enough on Monday night, J. Crew also released theirs late last night. This time around I see a lot of spring pieces to brighten the middle of the winter and make us have something to look forward to. Some of my picks are more conservative, as I have enough brights already. There is a  new version of the fatigue jacket called the Charlie Fatigue Jacket. I have the fatigue jacket that came out last fall and have worn it a lot. 

Charlie Fatigue Jacket

The Tweed Front Tee in pink seems like a fun piece. It's made of a cotton & silk front and cotton jersey back and sleeves.

  Tweed Front Tee

Daisy Lace Three-Quarter Sleeve Tee seems like a pretty cotton lace tee. It seems there is a tee in lace or eyelet every season, and so far I liked every one of them.

Daisy Lace Three-Quarter Sleeve Tee

Long No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Cotton. A classic must-have in four colours:


Fleece Zip Hoodie in three colours. I have the ones from last year and have been wearing them constantly. It's great to see a cotton/rayon version for spring.

Fleece Zip Hoodie 

I have a Collection Cashmere Two-Tone Sweatshirt in 'azalea flax' from last summer, but I see a couple of colours I also love in this rollout:


Bazaar Scarf in 'purple prairie' or 'green prairie.'

Bazaar Scarf 

Shoe Sketch Scarf for the shoe lovers out there:

Shoe Sketch Scarf

That's just a few of the things I loved this rollout. What sparked your interest? Please share!

Stay warm and safe and have a great rest of the week, everyone!

15 comments:

  1. I'm excited for the gorgeous butterfly print! I hope a dress with that pattern shows up this spring *fingers crossed* :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a 'happy' print and should sell well, I think.

      Delete
  2. The scarves are adorable! My mom has started collecting J Crew scarves, so I'll have to wait until these hopefully make it to sale. I haven't had a chance to check out the new arrivals yet, I'm still stuck in winter mode! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, your mom would then LOVE the Madewell scarves also!

      Delete
  3. That shoe sketch scarf is so cute! Definitely want it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the shoe sketch scarf is beyond fun. that is an adorable print.

    xox P

    phiphi's blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am guessing those shoe fanatics will all get it. :D

      Delete
  5. Lovely post and blog! I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Let me know xo

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi... I ordered the charlie fatigue in Navy. I had tired last years fatigue ( the one you have ) and returned it only because I needed another black coat like a hole in the head. I know navy is close to black....but I think this new coat is not (coated-shiny) like yours. I hope I like it or back it goes like 90% of the other stuff I order from the crew. Carolyn from Vancouver
    PS Checked out the factory this weeked...left empty haned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carolyn, the new Charlie Fatigue is not shiny because it is not treated. It's a very soft material in comparison to the fall version. I hope it works for you.

      Delete
  7. Sorry ...meant -- empty handed. Also the charlie I orded is lined in stripe soft fabric ? this should be interesting. Carolyn from Vancouver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is lined and looks cute. I tried the khaki version as in the above photo and liked it.

      Delete
  8. I like the Bazaar Scarf, the color is really nice.

    Green Bags

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.