Saturday, January 19, 2013

J. Crew - January (II)

Here are a few more reviews of sale items I either acquired or tried on. First, the Painter Boatneck Tee in Stripe size M. The Painter tees have been fitting smaller on me than other tees from JC. These are 2 of my favourite colours: a bright papaya and a very pale mauve/blush (which looks almost white in the photo). I plan on wearing this with my Harvest Tweed Skirt from 2011. There is a Factory version of this skirt called Factory Pencil Skirt in Frayed Tweed (IRL photo here).


Next is the Contrast Knit Blazer size 4 is made of wool and cotton and is conservative and casual at the same time. Love this!


Double-Cloth Metro Coat with Thinsulate (size 6, 'black') is one size larger than I usually take in coats. The shoulders on size 4, my 'usual' size in JC coats seemed too narrow for me when I looked at it on the rack. If you are a reader of this blog, you may remember that I have broader shoulders and most of the times I size up in coats. Lengthwise, this hits just above the knee on me at 5'6". It's a beautiful coat, and I love the fact that there is no defined waist which usually is too high for me on the winter coats.

Double-Cloth Metro Coat with Thinsulate (similar here, here, here)

Blythe Blouse in Silk size 2 and 'burnished rose.' This is my regular size in this top. I managed to get this during the end of 2012 major sales and I love it! I will treat this as a neutral since it's one of those colours that goes with just about everything. I have already blogged about the Cafe Capri in Tiny Dots in a December post here

Blythe Blouse in Silk (similar here, here, here)
Cafe Capri in Tiny Dots (similar here, here)

Code STYLEFIND will get you an additional 30% off sale items with free shipping on $100+ orders through Sunday. Ebates will also give you back 6% at J. Crew right now.

Did you snag any amazing deals this round of sales? If so, what did you get? Please share!

As always, thanks for visiting and have a great weekend, everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Oh, I just wish I had access to some of the instore sales- the website discounts just don't seem as generous when I hear about what folks are finding in stores! I got a lucille lace dress on popback a week or so ago- that was fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah! I know, we are spoiled lately. The Lucille is very pretty! Enjoy! Have you tried getting in contact with a PS from the Toronto store? They might be able to ship you some items directly from the store.

      Delete
  2. Ouuu I'm still plotting on the sales. I was hoping that a vest would pop back in my size but not yet :( I'll keep my eyes peeled though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping in, tasia! Hope you get the vest you want!

      Delete
  3. Love the coat, I had planned on snuffling one up but I need new prescription sunglasses, glasses and contacts, phew that's the next few months fun money eaten up. Oh for working eyesight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have been looking but what's left is not really jumping out at me. i am watching out for a few things to pop back so hopefully that will happen before the sale ends. love the colour of that blythe on you!

    xox P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, phiphi! At this time of the year lots of items will pop back on the website. Hopefully you get what you are waiting for!

      Delete
  5. Rose, I hope you got the burnished rose Blythe. Perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did, gigi! It was an incredible deal, and I love it!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.