Monday, January 14, 2013

Gap - January

Last week I braved the mall again while on pursuit of birthday cards, so I used this occasion to check out  the Gap and Banana Republic. At the Gap, the Fisherman Mac sizes XS (left) and S (right) were among the new arrivals right at the front of the store. This jacket fits large but it has an interior cord that can be tightened for a more fitted look. It's made of waxed canvas, it's lined and it's machine washable. The two colours it comes in are 'true indigo' and 'coral blaze.' The 'coral blaze looks orange in the photo, but it's definitely more coral.

Fisherman Mac (similar here, here, here, here) 

Also among the new arrivals was the Harbor Jersey Stripe Top (size S, my usual size in tops). I really liked the thick jersey this top is made of. There are also solid versions in the store which I cannot find on the website.

Harbor Jersey Stripe Top (similar here, here, here)

What else I'm liking? The Anchor Sweatshirt (all cotton):

Anchor Sweatshirt (similar here, here)

Harbor Jersey Striped Dress is made of the same cotton as the Harbor Jersey Stripe Top above. It comes in 3 colours and my favourite is the red striped one.


The 1969 Chambray Dot Boyfriend Shirt is the new version of the Polka Dot from last year (pics here).

1969 Chambray Dot Boyfriend Shirt (similar here, here)  

There is also a floral version called 1969 Western Floral Shirt, if you prefer a darker colour and snaps instead of buttons:

1969 Western Floral Shirt

Bright Floral Scarf in both colourways:

Bright Floral Scarf

Ditzy Dot Scarf in 'pink' and 'oxford purple:'

Ditzy Dot Scarf (similar here, here, here)

It seems stripes and dots are here to stay. Will you be getting any (more) of them?

Thanks for dropping in and hope you are all having a great start of the week!

8 comments:

  1. Loving the stripe top and dress. the anchor sweat shirt is cute... I really like your blog title :)


    megha
    http://meghafashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Megha, and thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. I tried the striped dress one day and it looked great. Not so great the next time I tried it on, so I passed. I may try it again. I like the fabric & fit. The Mac jacket looks good in red & I love the elbow patches on the striped top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fabric is great, isn't it? Love the Mac jacket too.

      Delete
  3. I keep telling myself that I do NOT need any more striped shirts. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that harbour top on you, great fit. Like wellfedfred I keep telling myself no more striped shirts and yet I keep buying them and loving them. Next I should get a dotty one to mix it up a little...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jody! If you want dots, check out the Silky Dot Tee from Madewell. It's really cute!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.