Saturday, December 29, 2012

Party Skirt

Earlier this month I had ordered the Collection Pencil Skirt in Rush Hour in 2 sizes. Since this item was never brought into the local store, I wasn't able to see it in person before buying it. One of the sizes was cancelled (twice), even though I had been told by the WWFIFY service that it had been found.

The skirt has a back zipper, gathered waist and side pockets. I am wearing it with a turtleneck tucked in. The waist fits ok but there is at least an inch of fabric on each side. It also hits me at the knee (I am 5'6").

Turtleneck Sweater (similar here, here, here)
Collection Pencil Skirt in Rush Hour (similar here, here, here)
Stuart Weitzman Boots (old)(similar here, here, here)
J. Crew Resin & Rhinestone Link Bracelet (similar here, here)
J. Crew Beehive Pendant (similar here, here, here)

I was expecting multicolor threads looking at the website photo, but the actual colours are red, blue and silver on a black background. The fabric is 46% cotton, 37% poly, 17% metallic thread, with a poly lining. Close-up of the metallic fabric:


Measurements for a size 2 & 4 are 27.25" & 28.25", respectively. Below is the waist measurement for size 4, so I would say they are pretty accurate:


Dress in the same fabric is also available:


Do you own this skirt? How do you like it?

With the amazing deals in the local store, here are some of the items that got my immediate attention:

Blythe blouse in silk (in mauve blush)

Hope you are having a great end of the week and of the year!


8 comments:

  1. Thanks for reviewing this, I'd been curious about the skirt and the dress. Do you think the fabric will be uncomfortable for a dress? Do you think the material will fray easily?

    I think the skirt looks gorgeous on you. Was it a keeper?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't comment on the dress, but the skirt is lined and comfortable. Thank you! I'm still on the fence about it.

      Delete
  2. You look wonderful in it where's your Christmas flab? I'm hiding mine under big jumpers just now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tabs! I can hardly believe that. ;)

      Delete
  3. I love the effect on this skirt, especially how you've styled it sleekly with black. Those boots are awesome BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually saw this in my local store and didn't recognize it from the catalog or website. It looks great on you!!
    I love the metallic threading and shimmer of this skirt, but I have a way too many pencil skirts so I passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree, fshnonmymind, it's not very close to the website photo, is it.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.