Saturday, December 1, 2012

J. Crew - December

Last week I had the chance to try on a few of the newer things at J. Crew. Among them, the Three-Quarter Sleeve Beaded Top size S. I liked the idea of this top, even though I am done with stripes for a while. The beads are sewn on quite tightly, making it a bit difficult to get this top on and off.


Here are close-ups of the bead work:

 

A favourite is the Handknit Popcorn Sweater size S in 'heather pond' is all lambswool and fits TTS. I liked it, even though the 5-gauge knit makes this a bit see-through.

 Handknit Popcorn Sweater (similar colour here, here)

Another favourite was the Collection Chunky Turtleneck Sweater also size S in 'heather hickory.' This one is 85% cashmere and 15% mohair and it's a dream, it's so soft!


Next was the Velvet Dot Ponte Top size XS. This is one size smaller than I normally wear in tops. The fabric is viscose/nylon/spandex 66/31/6.

 Velvet Dot Ponte Top (similar here, here)

Lastly, the Take A Bow Sweater size S. I like the sleeves in the darker colour and its softness. It fits like a the Heartbreaker Sweater which you may have seen here before. It' s a mix of viscose/wool/nylon/angora.

Heartbreaker Sweater (similar here, herecardigan here

More photos in a future post. Until then, thank you for dropping by and have a great Sunday, everyone!


15 comments:

  1. I LOVE the popcorn sweater! It might not work for everyone (as me :(), but still so pretty and look beautiful on you!
    My list for Santa is sooo big, there is not any new arrivals yet! :P
    thnx for the reviews! PS: love the Silky dot pants on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea! Can't wait to see your list to Santa!

      Delete
  2. I like the popcorn jumper too, the name is beyond wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, T.! Very appropriate, isn't it?

      Delete
  3. Rose - that sweater looks SO much better on you than on me! I loved it and wished it had worked! Thanks for the beaded t review - i will pass on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love all off them. But my favorite is the one with the bows!!! so cute


    I follow you ca you follow back?
    http://elogiosamislocuras.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! It's adorable, isn't it?

      Delete
  5. I loved that popcorn sweater but it didn't look right on me, it looks great on you though! I love the green turtleneck sweater too but it's too much $. I didn't have the tight beading problem with the first top. Really like the velvet dot ponte top, too. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE LOVE the green sweater but I agree, it's way over my budget. Now I am curious if the beaded top I tried on was a one off. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. The beaded stripe top look really pretty on you. I got the Crewcuts version. While the beading is sequins and not special bugle beads with silver centers, at about a quarter of the cost for a very similar look I think it's well worth it.

    You look great in the velvet dot top and bow sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can barely squeeze into a size 14 from crewcuts, so maybe I should check it out then. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
    2. Hi Rose, I don't know if you'd agree it's a similar look but it's this one I got.

      Delete
  7. The Handknit Popcorn Sweater was my favorite too, and I was forced to pull the trigger on it because the Heather Pond sold out in my size a while ago! The Velvet Dot Ponte Top looks good on you and I think sizing down is the right idea; my size was huge on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, life as a cat! Enjoy your sweater!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.