Monday, December 17, 2012

J. Crew - December (III)

A few more reviews before the great store sales disappear and we are stuck with final sale again. First off, the Tuxedo Pencil Skirt size 4. This is one size up from what I usually wear at J. Crew. It's a lovely skirt, but while the waist fitted, the rest was too large on me. The fabric is a gorgeous wool/silk mix. The top is the Lustre Lace Mockneck tee size S. I have reviewed the other colour of this top here before.

Lustre Lace Mockneck Tee (similar here, here)

Next is the Collection Cashmere Mini Cable Sweater size XS, one size smaller than my regular sweater size and 'riviera sand.' It's extremely soft and didn't want to take it off. There is also a cardigan in the same mini cable, if you are interested. Both the sweater and the cardigan are currently on sale, and a good buy with the additional 30% off.


Lambswool Diamond Sweater in size S and 'navy mint.' I loved this sweater as well. The colours are beautiful and the knit is well done. Love the diamonds on the cuffs. The patterns continues on to the back as well.


Lastly, the Icon Trench in Wool Cashmere size 4 and 'navy.' It seems currently sold out, but watch for popbacks if you are interested. I had ordered this a while back and was anxiously anticipating its arrival. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me. The waist on this coat is too high for me and the fit is not flattering at all. I should stick with waistless coats from now on. :D The fabric has about 22% nylon content as well.


Great deals in the sale section:

Mona leather pumps (IRL photos here)

The WISHLIST sale goes on through midnight tonight, unless JC decides to continue this through tomorrow as well. It has happened before. I decided to take the plunge and get a couple of items, so I will post photos of them as soon as they arrive. I was told by the lovely online VPS that it would take 3-6 business days. That's way faster than the usual delivery time for us here on the west coast, so it's welcome, given that the holidays are just around the corner.

Are you considering anything this sale? Please share!

Thanks for stopping by and have a great Tuesday, everyone!
 

8 comments:

  1. Ohh, I love this lace top, and the Trench coat in wool is soo pretty! I did some damage on this 30% off w/free shipping, now extended to 12/20 with the code CELEBRATE, and free shipping of $100, not sure yet...but is easy to find some other goodies and make it to $100, don't you think?!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea, and thanks for visiting! Some really good deals to be had, for sure. Hope we get to see your photos.

      Delete
  2. Rose, I love the cable cashmere on you. I know that cozy feeling. Hope you get the things you like ;)

    I like your lil' Christmas sidebar. Cute pillows.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, gigi! I could live in cashmere. Too bad I can't afford it very often.

      Delete
  3. the lace top is really cute! sorry the coat didn't work out - it looks stunning. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, phiphi! I was disappointed too.

      Delete
  4. The Lustre Lace Mockneck Tee is so pretty! Nice post.

    Happy Holidays:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, BBB! Nice to see you around again!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.