Thursday, December 6, 2012

Gap (December) & The Tablet Cover Search Continues

Passing by the Gap recently I noticed a few new arrivals. Usually, by the time I end up there, the store looks as if some storm has ravaged through, but this time I was pleasantly surprised the storm hadn't happened. A few nice tees, among them the Button-Cuff Crew T in a bright orange with purple 5-button cuffs and neck trim. The fabric content is cotton/modal 60/40 and unlike a lot of the tees from other retailers recently, this one is not sheer at all. I liked the feel of it and for the price point, it is hard to beat.


In the same orange, but with pink stripes, the very soft Cozy Classic Stripe Scarf:

Since I was checking out scarves, I also noticed the Star Scarf. It's made of viscose and wool and feels great on.

Star Scarf (similar with smaller stars here)

The sweater is the Lurex Striped Pullover size S. I had noticed this on the website, but it looks even better in the store. It's a cotton, nylon and silk mix:


Also tried on a couple of tees that were more noticeable. First is the Shiny Star T, size S, all cotton. (Please ignore the mismatched and shedding skirt. While on this subject, the entire hem on this skirt came undone while at the office. Luckily I have an emergency sewing kit in the drawer and I am able to sew very quickly).


The second tee is the Shiny Dot T, also size S and all cotton as well. The dots are a matte silver.


Finally, I managed to view the Two-Tone  Leather Tablet Case in the 'neon magenta' and like it quite a bit.

Two-Tone  Leather Tablet Case

The Gap is offering 30% off your entire purchase through Sunday with code GAPWRAP. There are some good deals to be had, if you are not shopped out yet. 

I am still searching for that perfect tablet case and hope to make that my Christmas present. On the latest trip to Seattle I saw these ones as well and now I'm not sure which one to get. First is the Kate Spade Kaleidoscope Stripe Tablet Folio:


Also the Kate Spade Composition Notebook which looks exactly like a notebook and I thought was such a great idea:


I also still like this one because of the bright colours:


Which one would you choose?

Tomorrow evening we have our office Christmas party at a new hotel near work. I had bought the Factory Floral Lace Sheath and was planning on wearing that with the Ruby jacket, but I fear I may become too warm, so I am going with plan B instead, which consists in wearing a long-sleeved dress and no jacket. Photos to come soon, hopefully.

Have a great Friday, everyone, and thanks for reading!

20 comments:

  1. Good thing I don't have an iPad or I'd be ordering that composition notebook cover. Cute things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have never bought one for myself, but I won it.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I like that last one!! Makes your iPad like a purse! My husband usually has our iPad, and it's in one of the standard grey magnetic cases. Alas! Do you live near any Kate Spade outlet stores? They usually have lots of cute tablet covers, and I'm betting they'll have some serious sales before/after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was at both the outlet and the regular store and noticed that Nordy had a larger selection, for some reason.

      Delete
  3. First - I love you in the orange! How I wish I could wear that colour!!

    my two cents with - go with the composition book or the clutch. These are expensive items and I have had friends who every fancy covers have their stolen. But that may simply be around here... I have a bookbook cover, which makes me look like I am carrying around an old book,. It is hard to decide, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, WMM! I agree, something inconspicuous is the way to go!

      Delete
  4. Oh I like the composition one, I just use the little cover that came on my i pad but then I don't need to humph it out with me every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to carry the darned thing everywhere, so it needs a case.

      Delete
  5. The composition cover is super cute! I custom-ordered a monogrammed cover from Dodocase for my iPad and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at the dodocase too. They have a fe wnice ones as well.

      Delete
  6. Oh hands down, I would have to have the Kate Spade compostion notebook if I had an ipad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am leaning towards that one too, Andrea1

      Delete
  7. Love the envelope JC one - it's like a chic clutch!

    OMG, the sale section at my GAP is redonkulous. Cramped on to one double rack; so crowded you can't even pull anything out...hate it! I don't even look there anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look like a clutch bag, doesn't it?

      When I last visited was quite nice and orderly, fortunately.

      Delete
  8. I think your tablet cover depends on how you use your tablet: I would not want a clutch because I would take it out to use it and have to put the cover somewhere. I have a folio style and would note just this: make SURE the opening for the camera does not allow for slippage! I have a LOT of pictures of Vietnam which are very ... um .. unique because they are partially obscured by the edge of the opening!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree: clutch may not be versatile enough. So sorry to read about your photos! Fortunately, I don't have plans on using the camera much, but good thing to point out.

      Delete
  9. Im always crazy for orange and pink together so yes! to the first two. The stars one is fantastic though too. I am loving all those stars and fireworks pieces done by that French label (is it MSGM?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orange & pink is such a happy combo, isn't it?

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.