Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Ornaments

This year Christmas decorations were out in many stores even before Hallowe'en. I haven't paid much attention to any of them up until a couple of weeks ago, when the first frost finally hit our parts. I still haven't decided on a wreath for my door (see post here) and I know I am cutting it short. I am now entertaining the idea of putting up a tree and plugging my fiber optics one in on the balcony. So while looking for some new ornaments, I found this cute Snowflake Ornament:


This  Hedgehog Ornament made me laugh.


Pickle Ornament?


The Pickle ornament seems to be a popular one, as I found more at Urban Outfitters and at Nordstrom. I even found a slice, if you can believe it!

Peacock Ball in beautiful teal and gold:


The lattice work on the Champagne Frost Gilded Snowflake Christmas Ornament is impressive: 


Blossom Heart Glass Ornament is one of my favourites, but the price of it? Ouch!


Or how about this Vintage Christmas Car Ornament tree on the car roof and all? I think it's adorable!


Will you be decorating a tree this year?

Thanks for stopping by, and have a great day tomorrow, everyone!



13 comments:

  1. This weekend, this weekend I hope everything hops out of the boxes and onto the walls, doors & furniture. Tree next weekend, probably. We are discussing logistics now that Mini G is mobile. The hedgehog is a hoot. My faves are the champagne & Woodie ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure mini G would love to get her little hands on the decorations! Hope you get some help with those boxes.

      Delete
  2. LOVE these!! Will I be decorating a tree? Oh I will be mercilessly decking one in all of the baubles! I am so excited! Going to get it this saturday and I cannot wait! I especially love the Hedgehog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, I remember you saying something about that.... :)

      Delete
  3. I can't remember when you moved, is this your first Christmas in your new home? I love that car ornament, I may have to get that one.

    The pickle ornament is supposedly a German tradition but my German boss who has lived all his life in Hamburg told me it is a total fabrication and no one in Germany has ever heard of it, except in the context of North American stores trying to sell this ornament as such. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. I should have bee moved last year, but you know how these things go...

      The only thing I know about the German pickle is that the tradition is to eat one at the Saturday market in Hamburg. Apparently it's a great cure for hangovers. Not sure about its legitimacy, since I never tested it.

      Delete
  4. Those ornaments are gorgeous, and I strangely want the cucumber slice one. Probably because I Loooove pickles! I have several pickle ornaments...

    We have no wreaths up yet, either! Guess it's time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too funny, J.CrewJD. Show us photos, please! :)

      Delete
  5. What a fun assortment of ornaments. I have found some adorable additions at Anthropologie over the years. They're all so fun to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Anthro always has some fun ones. Perhaps I should check them out again this weekend.

      Delete
  6. The pickle is crazy but the lasts one? Oh I want it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I heard tat the pickle is eastern european... neighbors had one.. you are supposed to hide it on the tree (works with a green tree anyway) and whomever finds it gets some treat...

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.