Thursday, December 20, 2012

Banana Republic - December & A Snow Storm

A couple of days ago I braved the mall again on my way home. It wasn't as bad as expected, so I suspect  everybody was done Christmas shopping early. Yes, that's it, right? Inside Banana Republic, a few spring items were already on display. I couldn't believe my eyes, given that the winter solstice isn't even upon us yet. This is the new Classic Belted Trench in size S and a colour called 'workwear khaki." I call it 'oatmeal.' It also comes in a black version. It's all cotton and very nicely done.


Also new is the Striped Sweater Blazer, also size S. Love this sweater! It's a substantial knit and also very well done.


A clever Detachable Cowl Neck Sweater in wool and cashmere. The detachable cowl neck is actually a snood wide enough to give the impression of a collar when worn. I am wearing an usual size S. I love both the colour and the feel of this sweater.

 

Ponte Knit Shift Dress in size 4, or my usual BR dress size. It's mostly rayon and it's washable. It could be that little black dress if you could look past the exposed back zipper.
 Ponte Knit Shift Dress (similar here, here, here)

In the sale section I found the only V-neck Sweater Dress size S. I was surprised how much longer and how much deeper the V was compared to the website photo.

 
V-neck Sweater Dress  (similar here, here, here)

What else I'm liking at BR:
 Overnight we had a snow storm and I woke up to this:

 

Normally, it means not much for the rest of the world, but if you live on the west coast, something like this can bring life to a screeching halt. And apparently that's pretty much what happened today. I am glad I decided to work from home.

Have a great rest of the week, and thanks for stopping by!



14 comments:

  1. I like the sweater blazer a lot. The cowlneck sweater concept is really, really cool. Thanks for sharing pics :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, gigi! I liked the cowl neck sweater idea too.

      Delete
  2. I love the last sweater dress, and I'm envious of your snow, I don't think we're getting any this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, T.! There's still time, isn't there?

      Delete
  3. LOL I wish that was all the snow we'd get, totally manageable! I'm in Ontario and tomorrow we're suppose to get 30cm :( but I'm glad to fly the coop and head back to the Maritimes today so I hope to miss this storm. I hope a bit of snow stays for your Christmas :)

    Tasia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't envy your 30 cm at all, Tasia! Hope you miss the storm!

      Delete
  4. I love the idea of that detachable cowlneck sweater, plus it is such a pretty color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's this fall's colour, supposedly. Everyone has a sweater in that colour.

      Delete
  5. I actually think you look pretty great in that v-neck sweater dress - it hugs your curves well! BR currently has an awesome striped knit skirt with pockets out now - did you happen to see those in-store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! I don't think I like a plunging neckline like that. I saw it on the website, but they didn't have it in this particular store.

      Delete
  6. Ah! I actually clicked on the ponte dress link before reading about the exposed zipper. No thanks.

    I love versatility so that cowl sweater that is also a snood caught my eye. That is a great idea.

    Will the snow last to make it a white Christmas or will it all be melted in a day. We have snow on the ground here and more flurries predicted along with some pretty cold temps. Low of -20 on Christmas eve. I'm chilled already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a great idea for a sweater, I think. Our snow is already gone, thankfully, and no white Christmas predicted around these parts. Yikes to the minus 20.

      Delete
  7. the detachable collar sweater is brilliant! i really like the v-neck sweater on you too! xox P

    phiphi's blog

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.