Saturday, November 3, 2012

Two J. Crew Tops

Last weekend I was able to make my way to the B&M store to check out some new arrivals. One of my favourites is the Lustre Lace Mockneck Tee size S. There is a button at the back, as you can see from the bottom photo. The cami underneath in the same colour attaches to the top with snaps at the shoulders. I loved this top based on the website photos/colour, but I found the lace embroidery to be quite scratchy. Not sure if I this problem can be eliminated in the wash by using a fabric softener or not.  

Lustre Lace Mockneck Tee (similar here, here, here)

The other top that caught my eye was the Polka-Dot Sequin Top size S. The second photo is of the side seams to show the alignment of the dots. I am not a huge fan of polka dots or sequins, for that matter, but I liked this top quite a bit and didn't find it scratchy at all. The skirt is the No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Wool size 2 and 'heather carbon.'

Polka-Dot Sequin Top (similar here)
No. 2 Pencil Skirt in Double-Serge Wool (similar here, here, here) 

A couple of weeks ago during the previous promo I was able to find the Icon Trench in Wool Cashmere  in 'navy' and will be reviewing it soon. Hopefully it will fit, otherwise I will have to start the search for a longer coat again.

Icon Trench in Wool Cashmere (similar here, here, here)


What else I'm liking at J. Crew:

Foldover knit pant (these look a lot like the Lululemon pants I own, except those are a bit more flared)

J. Crew is running a 25% off promo good on all items with the code OURTREAT through November 8. Are you going to take advantage of this offer? What's on your wishlist? Please share.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend, everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I thought the pale pink one looked lovely too, but it is a bit blah in the flesh. Fingers crossed that the coat works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so, T. I hope it does, otherwise I will have a coat for sale. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm travelling, so glad I brought that coat along, hope you love it! I have the navy, it's a bright navy not a black navy, and it works with everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Either navy will do for me, since I look ghastly in beige. And I already had a burgundy coat that I was not able to wear for very long.

      Delete
  3. That sequin polka dot top is calling to me too, but I'm covering my ears. It's adorable but I don't think I'd ever wear it, just a bit too blingy for me IRL.

    The coat has been getting rave reviews, I hope you love it. So important to have a good one (or ten) here in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get it. I think the black one would look cute on you.

      I hope it works out, even though I learned (in the meantime) that it has some 20% nylon. That kind of ticks me off.

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to seeing the Icon on you. You always look so svelte. I agree w/your reviews. The lustre lace is itchy and the sequin is not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, gigi! You are too kind. I took the coat back to the store as it didnt' fit me very well. The waist was too high on me.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.