Sunday, November 18, 2012

Madewell Red

I loved Madewell's Sidesaddle Riding Jacket ever since it appeared on the website, and on my trip last week I was able to try one on. Since I had already used my gift cards during the WOOHOO promo, I didn't add this to my shopping bag. But last week when the LOVEIT promo started, I figured it was a great deal for such a well made sweater jacket.

Sidesaddle Riding Jacket (similar here) 

And here is a photo of it in real life. It's a thick knit which reminds me of J. Crew's Oversize Merino Pocket Sweater I tried on earlier. It might be even thicker than that, but frankly I can't recall. I am wearing size S which seems a bit large on me, but there was no size XS left in the store. The skirt I had on was the Striped Downtown Skirt seen here before.


I also tried on the new Lily Lace Dress in both black and red and size 4. As I mentioned in a previous post, it was a toss-up between the Factory black lace dress I reviewed earlier and the Lily Lace Dress. I had tried last year's version of this dress here, and I was happy to see this year's version is a bit longer. I might consider it if it makes it to sale. I am 5'6", by the way.

 Lily Lace Dress (similar here, here, here

The last red item I tried on was the Silky Dot Tee, which I have already blogged about in the previous Madewell post. I love this top in both colourways.

Silky Dot Tee  (similar here, here, here)

Other favourites in the sale section:

Artdot blazer (IRL photo here)

Ebates is also offering 4% back on Madwell purchases right now. Have you shopped the LOVEIT sale at Madewell?  What did you get? Please share!

Thanks for popping by and have a great start of the week, everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Rose, you look AMAZING in the Lily dress - I love this on you! I hope that you're able to pick this up on sale!

    I left you a question on JCA - do you recall how much the polka dot capris are and if the Robson store had any of No.2 wool skirts left (the marked down colors - hoping for the berry, and the blue).

    Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, injanuity! The pants were $95 and change minus 30%. A few festival blue skirts and spicy gold skirts left.

      Delete
  2. I love sweater jackets - this one looks great on you! I checked the website and they are sold out, sadly. Does Madewell have regular popbacks? I rarely ever shop there.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.