Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Madewell Casual

Last weekend I was able to visit two Madewell stores. I hadn't been there in a while, so I was pleased to see some of the new (and not so new) arrivals. The Silky Dot Tee (size XS) was on my wishlist, and one way I plan to wear it with is with the Bookshop Cardigan (size S, 'heather cement') for a casual look. The second photo is just to show how the top is constructed. The dotted panels in front and back are square and made of viscose. The solid colour fabric is silk. I was afraid the sleeves were going to be too tight on size XS, but they worked out well.

Silky Dot Tee (similar here, here, here)
Bookshop Cardigan (similar here, here, here)
Minnie Pants in Bi-Stretch Wool (similar here, here, here)
Pave Acorn Necklace (similar here, here, here)
Bronson Booties (similar here, here, here)

Here is the same top in the black and size S. There was no size XS available in this colour in this store, but one is on its way to me from another store.


Silky Dot Tee (size S)(similar here, here, here

The other item I came home with was the Bateau Button Sweater. I got the 'modern orange' size M  because I intend to wear it with a shirt underneath. As you can see, this colourway is a bit sheer. I like it a lot as it looks good with my pale skin and blonde hair.


In the store I tried on the 'melodic purple' colour in size S, but opted for the 'modern orange' instead.


The stores were also offering the 25% discount on purchases over $150 to mirror the website special, as well as 25% off the sale items.

Have you shopped at Madewell during the WOOHOO promo? What did you get? Please share.

EDIT: Madewell is offering 30% off their sale items with code LOVEIT through Nov. 20. Ebates is offering a 4% bonus for Madewell purchases.

Thanks for visiting and have a great Wednesday, everyone!

6 comments:

  1. you look so great in modern red! That is a colour I love and which refuses to let me wear it!!!

    I placed an order at madewell 2 days ago - some tshirts, a scarf, and the little dog pendant for my daughter, who loves Madewell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I loooove that colour!

      Can't wait to see your reviews!

      Delete
  2. Minnesota's first Madewell store is opening today...I'm looking forward to checking it out. Thanks for sharing your finds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm jealous. Wish we could get one.

      Delete
  3. Hi! I've been reading your blog for quite awhile now, and appreciate the wide assortments of shops that you review. I have been shopping Madewell a bit more these days, thanks to your reviews. I have placed a couple of orders and purchased a couple more items in store. I ordered the 1) pocket sweater in emerald satin. The description says "slightly oversized fit," but I found it to be massively oversized. Too bad, because the color is beautiful. 2) contrast cardigan in green. It's very soft and a very vibrant green, but I found it to be too boxy 3) meshdot v-neck top in purple. Beautiful top, unique design and pattern. a keeper! 4) floral silk tee - great casual top, with get a lot of use in the summer 5) flowersketch peplum top - another beautiful pattern. I usually can't do peplum due to my broad shoulder and short waist, but this one is perfect! 6) sidewalk skimmer in suede - i was a bit concerned that this might be tight due to my slightly wide feet, but these fit comfortably 7) brightside sweater - love the different colors. had to size down in this one 8) owl sweater - wearing this one today :) 9) color-stitch sweater - had to size up in this one due to my broad shoulders. The pattern almost looks like little hearts in real life. A little sheer (could see my black bra underneath while trying it on), but I will get a lot of use out of it this winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, and glad to see there are other fans out there. Thank you also for sharing your finds at Madewell.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.