Wednesday, November 7, 2012

J. Crew - November

It's really October stock, but I have forgotten about these photos up until now. I loved the Lady Jacket in Corkscrew Tweed (size 4, 'sweet tangerine'). I am usually a fan of pinks, but the orange looks even better against my skin. I didn't mind the gold buttons, but I can see how they might seem too flashy to some. The fabric is 50% wool, 37% acrylic, 9% nylon, 4% poly, with a poly lining. The sleeve is a 'bracelet' sleeve, so a bit short on me.

 
 Lady Jacket in Corkscrew Tweed (similar here, here, here)

Here's a photo of the lining, showing the nice dark piping:


Fair Isle Ski Sweater size XS. Usually I take size S in sweaters, but the PS thought this would fit me, so I tried it on. If I got this, I would go for my regular size. The 'fair isle' part of this knit is quite thick, and fits a bit tighter in the size I tried. You can see that in the second photo. I like a nice fair isle pattern, and this is even nicer combined with the bright red (or rather modern orange). The colour is much more vibrant in real life than the website photo, so be aware of that if ordering online.

Fair Isle Ski Sweater (similar here, here, here, here) 

Stadium-Cloth Boulevard Trench  in size 4 and 'heather carbon.' I loevd this coat. The fabric (79% wool, 21% nylon) is extremely soft and feels cozy. The colour also looks good on me, so this is definitely one to consider if the Icon Trench doesn't work out. The sleeve is a bit long on me. My arm measures 22 inches from the shoulder bone to the radius bone at the wrist, for reference. (The radius bone is the bone in the forearm that extends from the base of the thumb to the elbow).

  Stadium-Cloth Boulevard Trench (similar here, here, here)

Lastly, the Macalister Shearling Wedge Boot size 8, or my regular shoe size and 'nut' colour. The fitted TTS. I was afraid they would be tight across my foot like the regular Macalister Wedge Boots did (photo here), but they didn't. These boots would definitely keep my feet and ankles warm in the winter.


The 25% off promo is still going on at J. Crew with code OURTREAT until tomorrow. At the time I am writing this, the sale is still going on in the stores as well. Have you picked up an item or two (or three)? If so, please share!

Thanks for stopping by my blog, and have a great Thursday, everyone!


 

4 comments:

  1. That's an amazing orange, I have been keeping my eye out for an orange coat even though everyone around me has been saying " ugh, no orange?"
    But I've just discovered that it works really well with my colouring too, it really lifts me. Are you snapping it up?

    Love that one buy it Rose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no immediate plans to get it, but you never know... ;)

      I think it will lovely on you too.

      Delete
  2. Loving that sweater on you, a wonderful riff on the fairisle jumper (sp?). In the past I was forever buying that industrial orange which did not suit me, but these oranges are warm, yellow and kind. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jody! I think this orange would look great on you!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.