Monday, November 12, 2012

J. Crew Factory - November

Lots of new items at the Factory store since my last visit. I recognized the reincarnated version of the striped sweater dress from last year. The Factory Warmspun Stripe Sweater Dress size S is longer than the regular store version, and I liked it a lot. It's long enough that I can wear it with black tights and not over Minnies. If you are not yet over stripes, this one comes in the green stripe version as well.

Factory Warmspun Stripe Sweater Dress (similar here, here, here)

The 'wildcat' pattern from last year is back again this year in the Factory Charley Sweater in Leopard (size S). The sweater is all merino wool and I loved it too. Charley is the Factory version of the Tippi.


I liked the sequin top last year, and the Factory Draped Sequin Tee (size S) is just as nice. Fabric is cotton, which was nice to see. The Skimmers are size 4 and on me they fit like size 2 Cafe Capri Pants from the regular JC store. Best of all, they are lined, so not itchy.

Factory Draped Sequin Tee (similar here, here, here)
Factory Skimmer Pant in Herringbone (similar colour pants here, here, here)

Other likes at the Factory store:


J. Crew Factory is offering 30% off sitewide with code SCOREMORE through November 20. Have you been an eyeing a thing or two at the Factory store? Please share.

Thanks for visiting, and have a great Tuesday, everyone!

14 comments:

  1. I really like the factory Charlie and Jackie cardigan sweaters. 100% cotton is my preference and they have held up well in the laundry with minimal pilling or stretching. The leopard is intriguing but I probably wouldn't wear it being a print. One day I have to figure out how to do prints. Or just accept that I can't and stop pining over them.

    The skate charm is on its way to my house. Thanks for posting that one Rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I prefer the factory Jackies as they are pure fibre, not a mix with nylon. Perhaps try small leopard prints to start with, like I did -- in a scarf. Then you can go from there. :)

      Delete
  2. I made a factory purchase last week and I am waiting for it to come in - got the puffin sweater and am trying out the skimmer trousers (I got them one size large because I heard they fit small?). I also recently purchased the chandelier necklace which I really adore - it is more neon yellow IRL but is such a pretty piece.

    What I don't like is that on the Factory site, when the discount increases, so do the regular prices. I think I scored better the last few weeks with just 20% off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The puffin sweater is cute and I think you will like it. We all know about the prices on the factory site, don't we? :)

      Delete
  3. I placed an order last week and I got the same Leopard charley. Anxiously waiting for my order. Since the factory launched its new website, I find the order takes so long to be shipped. Hope it will get here soon. They are testing my patience :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like it, Small Town Gal! I haven't ordered from the factory site for a while, so I had no idea. Hope they solve the problem.

      Delete
  4. Hi Rose, thanks for these reviews. I order the wool skimmers a couple weeks ago - so pleased that they are lined! I have been avoiding the retail wool cafe capris because I am sensitive to wool. How is the Charley sweater quality-wise compared to the Tippi? I have a bunch of Tippi sweaters (worn with a silk blouse underneath!) but it is hard to get the basic colours in my size before they sell out online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Louise! I find the quality of the merino sweaters from the factory store comparable to the regular Tippis. I liked all the ones I tried.

      Delete
  5. Hi Rose - thanks for the reviews! Did you happen to see the navy version of the sequin tee in store? I'm debating between the navy and black right now. I did buy the sequin polka dot tee (black) over the weekend (paid FP - didn't even consider it with all the recent promos - eek!), but I find it a touch boxy and short on me (still cute). Thoughts on the navy/black Crewlet version? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't look for the navy, but you could give them a call. They might have it. They are both classic colours, so you can do no wrong with either. I liked the factory sequin top I tried on quite a bit. HTH

      Delete
  6. Love those blue-aqua pants on you - they are a great fit, might have to check those out. I have a pair of Alice and Olivia silk trou in that colour but they drive me crazy as they crease so easily. Also loving that long sweater on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jody. I am not a fan of turquoise, usually, because it is a difficult colour, but the easy way out with a black top works for me.

      Delete
  7. you reminded me to take out the leopard tippi from last year out of hibernation. this is a great review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could help. :D Thanks very much!

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.