Thursday, November 15, 2012

J. Crew Factory - November (II)

J. Crew Factory website is offering 30% off and free shipping with code SCOREMORE through November 20, while the B&M store has a 40% off sale on everything in the store. Ebates is also offering 3% on J.  Crew Factory purchases as well. 

I tried on the Factory Lace Sheath Dress size 4 item 22156. Only a few sizes are left on the Factory website, but there were plenty in the store. The lace is a cotton/nylon mix, 69/31, if I recall correctly, with an acetate lining, which I prefer.

This is the dress I got for our office Christmas party this year. I am hoping people will notice it's not the same dress I have worn to the previous 3 dinners I attended! :) For me, it was a toss-up between this and Madewell's Lily Lace Dress in red. This year's version of the Lily Dress is a bit longer, and I felt comfortable wearing it. ABC & CC voted for the black one below, so the black one it is.

Next is the Factory Pencil Skirt in Frayed Tweed size 2. This is the factory version of the Harvest Tweed Skirt, but the fabric is slightly different both in texture (it's a poly/nylon mix 93/7) and colours. Regardless, it's a pretty skirt and I liked it quite a bit. The sweater is the Factory Intarsia Charley Sweater in Dot size S and is the factory version of the Tippi Sweater in Polka Dot.


Factory Intarsia Charley Sweater in Bow fits identically to the one above and is made from the same viscose/nylon/wool yarn as the one above.

Factory tartan tuxedo shirt  is made from a thin, very soft cotton. I am wearing my usual size in tops, and this fits TTS to slightly large on me. I liked both the print and the fabric in this one.

Factory tartan tuxedo shirt (similar here, here, here, here, here)

Other items at the Factory store:
Factory intarsia fair isle sweater

Have you taken advantage of the latest Factory promos? What did you get? Please share!

Have a great end of the week, everyone!

13 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE the lace sheath dress on you. I had to order it after seeing it on you. Hope it works for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, injanuity! Let us know how you did with it.

      Delete
    2. Hi Rose! My dress finally arrived today - love it. I found it TTS to maybe slightly big in the size 4. I could probably size down to a 2 but the 4 looks fine and gives me wiggle room! Thanks again for your review.

      Delete
    3. That' s great to read! Hope you enjoy wearing it!

      Delete
  2. the dress is so cute on you! Love it. I also got the polka dot and bow sweater. Just patiently waiting for my order to come. Since the factory launched its own website, I find the order take soooooo long to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's probably why they can get away with cheaper flat rate and more frequent free shipping. It's like the gap brands. It is free shipping, but it's so very slooowww. Of course even the regular JC shipping is super slow where I live.

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Small Town Gal! My dress shipped already -- let's see how long it takes to get here.

      ajr - you are right. If you live on the West Coast, it is slower.

      Delete
  3. Loving that lace dress on you! Just clicked through to that red dress which looks really cool as well. Would like to see that on you to compare. Also love how they have acessorised the black lace dress with purple shoes which is very fun and festive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jody! I will post that dress in a future review. It's very pretty as well. I guess I shouldn't have given my purple shoes away, huh?

      Delete
  4. I wouldn't've thought to pair the polka dot sweater with that skirt, but I really like them together! That dress is totally great on you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me neither, but it worked somehow. Thanks, ajr!

      Delete
  5. You look great in the lace dress. Thanks for sharing pic :)

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.