Monday, November 5, 2012

Banana Republic Coats

Earlier tonight I stopped by Banana Republic to check out the new arrivals. They have been on the floor since the end of last week, but didn't have the time to pop in until today. BR usually has some nice coats each winter, and this time it was no exception. My favourite for fit and look was the White Wool Blend Belted Coat. I am wearing size S and the coat hits mid-thigh (I am 5'6"). The fabric is wool/nylon 78/22.


Buffalo Plaid is done every season by various retailers, and BR has one this year too. The Buffalo Plaid Wool Blend Belted Coat is the same size and cut as the coat above, but it fits roomier in the shoulders than the white coat. Underneath I am wearing a tee and the Classic Merino Long Cardigan from J. Crew. Although the cut is identical to the one above, the fabric is different. This one feels stiffer, possibly due to the higher nylon content (32%), while wool is only 68%.

Buffalo Plaid Wool-Blend Belted Coat (similar here, here, here and a white one here) 

The last coat is the softest of all three I tried on. It's the Belted Wool Wrap Coat  size S in 'red delicious.' I loved the fabric (wool/nylon 90/10), but the coat is not lined, which I didn't like. The colour has a bit more red than the Minnies in 'cabernet' I am wearing. It also comes in a colour called 'taupe melange.'

Belted Wool Wrap Coat (similar here, here, here)

Other coats at BR:




Banana Republic has a 30% off sale on $125+ purchases with code BRSELECT30 online only which expires on Nov. 6. Have you been to BR recently? Did you see anything exciting? Please share!

As always, thank you for stopping by and have a lovely Tuesday, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. great photos, great blog, do u want follow each other?


    www.celyneglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm intrigued by the Belted Wool Wrap jacket...even though it's not lined it looks so cozy! I actually gave into the sale and ordered both myself and hubby costs. I got the Puffer jacket in the creamy white color...crossing my fingers it's a good fit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't try the puffer jackets, but the BR coats usually fit TTS, so you should be ok. Looking forward to your review.

      Delete
  3. The white coat is striking but I am most intrigued by the belted wool-blend trench. I will have to keep it on my radar ...

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.