Monday, October 1, 2012

Two J. Crew Coats

Recently I was able to check out a couple more coats at J. Crew. You may have already seen the Majesty Peacoat in 'vintage berry' here before. 

I liked the Tipped Peacoat in white instantly. It's 100% wool and fits TTS (I take size 4 in coats at JC). It also comes in black with light trim as well as in cabernet with navy trim. What can I say? I like all three.


The second coat was the Stadium Cloth Slim Trench size 4 and 'smoky coral.' Sorry for the blurry photo. The fabric is wool/nylon 75/25, while the lining is 100% polyester. Check out the nice white piping on the inside. The coat comes in four other colours, and I think I would like this better in the 'vintage burgundy.'

 
And here's the new Collection Cashmere Two-Tone Sweatshirt in size S and 'redwood flax.' I like both shades of blue this comes in as well, especially the 'snow blue.' You may have seen the summer version of this sweatshirt in the pink colour here before, which I still haven't been able to wear yet. Temperatures are dropping every day, so it won't be long now.


Other coats I like at J. Crew:

Stadium-Cloth Cocoon Jacket. It reminds me a bit of the Envelope Coat I got last year.

Did you get a coat from J. Crew this year?  Please share.


 

15 comments:

  1. Except for the Gondola earlier this year, I haven't purchased a coat and doubt I will. I'm set for basic and some fun colors and if I add one, it would be something a little different like the slim trench topper. Howver, I'm really picky on patterns matching up and returned five coats last winter when stripes and plaids didn't cross over seams well.

    I am loving the excursion vest coming around again.

    Thanks for doing all the trying on. I didn't know the slim trench was 25% nylon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha! That's why I like to stick to solid colours. :) Usually if I buy something by phone from the store, I ask them to double-check on things like stripes lining up, stitching, etc. and usually the SAs are quite careful to send the right item. :)

      The excursion vest is great! I am eyeing one too.

      Delete
  2. My coats are all so dull, I'd love to have a bright crazy colour for winter, I like the stadium trench but wish it was longer, I don't like seeing dresses/skirts/hanging out from under coats, I like clean lines. What do you prefer between the lady day and the metro coat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like that look either, T. I prefer the metro coat because the waist is not defined the way it is on the lady day coat. We know how high-waisted JC items are.

      Delete
  3. Hello Rose:
    We love the white jacket with black trim! It looks stylish and yet slightly zany, just the kind of combination we go for. And, it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jane & Lance! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. I missed the tipped peacoat, that's nice and unexpected in white. I have tried a few coats from J Crew this fall. One is the pink one you showed. I have been on the fence about keeping it, but I think I have decided to return it. The too-short belt is a deal breaker on a coat that is already a bit out of my comfort zone color-wise. I also tried the Snowcap Quilted Jacket. I liked all colors but returned it when I got the Barbour Beadnell jacket. It's not the prettiest coat out there, but I love it and was looking for something like it. Since I'm keeping that, I think back goes the pink coat. Thanks for the reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will have the Barbour for many years to come, so good choice!

      Delete
  5. I love the white coat, but I know it would be a disaster for me as I am a klutz. I decided to try the Lands End peacoat in pink. They had such a great sale this past weekend that I picked it up for less than $100. The dealbreaker will be the fit, but then, I am not sure a peacoat shape is right for me regardless, so I will keep you posted! I really love the coral coat - that is such a lovely colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, you are in good company. The white would be a disaster on me too. :) Can't wait to see your LE coat!

      Delete
  6. Would love to see the cab version on you. Like WMM I would be hopeless with a white coat (cab stains everywhere) i have a camel one and am often getting that dry cleaned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Jody, but they didn't have one in the store.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the reviews. I tried the tipped pea coat today - loved it. Hoping it is still around at promo time :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely, and it's all wool! Whats' not to like? I hope you are able to get it.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.