Sunday, October 7, 2012

Movie Night

Last night was movie night. My friend's husband's movie premiered at the Vancouver Film Festival and I was present. The movie already showed at the Toronto Film Festival last month. I found Crimes of Mike Recket quite hilarious most of the times. The cast features local actors and you may have seen one of them, Nicholas Lea, in X-Files, a series which was filmed in Vancouver. Particularly funny for me was the Jack Russell terrier in the movie and that's because I sometimes pet sit the little rascal when the friends are away. She is quite a character in real life as well.

Earlier in the evening I had gone for a long walk, and by the time I got home realized I barely had enough time to get ready, so I practically threw this on and dashed out the door.

 Vero Moda Tunic (old)(similar here, here, here)
Gap Mac Jacket (worn here)(similar here, here, here
Silk & Metallic Thread Scarf (not shown)(similar here, here)
 Coach Parker Leather Hobo (similar here, here, here)
Joe Fresh Patent Leather Pumps (similar here, here, here)

Here's a pic of the floral pattern:


And I thought I'd share with you two products I have been using for a few weeks now that really work on my dyed hair. I am not a natural blonde. Shocking, isn't it? After shampooing and conditioning my hair my new hairdresser showed me how to use a few drops of this oil. I pour 2-3 drops in the palm of my hand, rub my palms together and then run both hands through the hair, paying more attention to the hair ends.


Once I'm done with the oil, I spray this Moroccan Oil Glimmer Shine on the wet hair very sparingly.


The result is that I can pass the comb through my hair very easily and style my hair much faster. The hair also looks healthier. Thank you, CC! She introduced me to the hair genius a few months ago and I am quite pleased with how much healthier my mane feels lately.

Personally, I find the smell of the products a bit overpowering, but the smell disappears after a while. Are you using Moroccan Oil products? How do you like them?


17 comments:

  1. You look lovely! I might try the glimmer shine, the other oil leaves my hair all thin. Hopefully the hubs will have a film premiering next year - fingers crossed, it could still go belly up, like most things over the last fe wears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Tabs! Hope you will like the Glimmer Shine product as well. That's fantastic news! Be positive!

      Delete
  2. great outfit - i hope you had fun on your night out! xox

    phiphisblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty outfit, Rose! You look lovely, especially for just throwing it on and dashing out the door. I hope you had a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute outfit! You have the talent of just throwing things on and still look amazing :)

    I have been using the Moroccan oil for a few months and love it. Even though some people may not like the scent so much, I am ok with that especially with the amazing results. Pretty expensive but totally worth it.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind, Small Town Gal! Agree, these products really work without greasing up my hair!

      Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

      Delete
  5. I've been using Wen, it's really interesting the shampoo is like slathering on thick cream, no suds, and it cleans and conditions at the same time. My hair seems to drink it up and gets stronger, with no tangled mess.

    A rose color coat for Rose, gorgeous! It's a really pretty outfit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to ask him about Wen. Thanks, tiffany rose!

      Delete
  6. Hi rose - you look smashing! I use Marrakech oil at the suggestion of my hairdresser - now I have to look up how it differs from morrocan oil!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, WMM! Let us know if it's different, or just a different marketing name.

      Delete
  7. You look amazing!
    How exciting to be so closely acquainted with one of the performers, even if she's the one with fur and tail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, WFF! Yes, I get a kick out of practicing the different tricks she's learning. My fave is when I ask her to 'give me ten!'

      Delete
  8. Love your outfit Rose!!! Gorgeous as always!! I use the Morrocan Oil cream in my curly hair as an additive to my other products and I love it!! Enjoy the rest of your week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, MB! You are too kind. Glad to read you love this hair product as well.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Spam will be deleted.