Friday, October 12, 2012

Madewell New Arrivals Picks

New arrivals were posted on the Madwell website yesterday and as usual, there are lots of pretties to look at. The first one that caught my eye is the Owl Sweater. I'm a fan of owls, and I love this sweater.

Owl Sweater (similar here, here, here)

Next were the thermal sweaters (there are 3), one of which is Thermal Sweater in Colorblock Stripe. It comes in 'eclectic orange' (shown) and 'fireplace red.' If you are wondering, the stripes are on the back.

Thermal Sweater in Colorblock Stripe

The Puzzle Sweater is more of a giant houndstooth pattern, and I like this too.

Puzzle Sweater

A rose print? I'm in. Pemberly Blouse in Photoflower is 'vintagey' beautiful and made of silk.

Lace Primrose Top also comes in 'pearl ivory' and 'modern orange.' The back is also lace and I would wear this with a cami underneath, obviously.

Lace Primrose Top

Dotted Silk Boyshirt for the polka dot fans.  

Dotted Silk Boyshirt

LOVE this purple Cropped Silk Shirt in Minicheck. Also comes in a 'linen' backround motif as well.

Cropped Silk Shirt in Minicheck

The Embellished Poet Top was already in the store when I visited (photo soon), and I loved the sequin collar on it.

Embellished Poet Top (similar here, here, here)

Mod Coat. Looks adorable, just not sure about wanting any more stripes.

Mod Coat

Zipcode Boot.  A nice pair of leather boots with a smaller heel than I normally go for.Would be perfect for jeans.

Zipcode Boot

For the loafer lovers out there, here are the Teddy Loafer in Studded Suede (leather lining). I have to say that I like these much better than the $400 ones J. Crew sells. These are already back-ordered.

A belt to go with the above loafers - the Studded Skinny Belt.



Leather Driving Gloves. I like the 'modern orange' version.

Leather Driving Gloves

Madewell scarves are my favourites, and this rollout brings back a popular one from last year, the Ticketstub Storyteller Scarf:

Ticketstub Storyteller Scarf

A few more loves, but this post is getting too long already.

Did you check the Madewell new arrivals? What winked at you? Please share.

Have a great weekend, everyone!


21 comments:

  1. Owls terrify me, I think they're so sinister looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a snowy owl being rehabilitated at a bird refuge yeas ago and thought was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. Then later I had a pair of barn owls living in the back yard.

      Delete
    2. Oh I think owls are sweet looking! I find them cute and love that they hunt for pesky rodents.

      Delete
  2. Am off to visit the site right now as my daughter loves Owls!

    I am partial to those loafers (no surprise!) and to the storyteller scarf - I love the parisian one I have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great round up - the loafers are amazing, but i have never tried madewell shoes before - would you say they fit true to US sizing?

    thanks!

    phiphi's blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, P.! Madewell shoes fit TTS in general. If you look at my older posts, that's what I've been saying. Exception were the Archive boots last year that fitted huge.

      Delete
  4. Great picks! I love that Owl sweater and the Dotted Silk Boyshirt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, rynetta! I thought you might like the dotted shirt. ;)

      Delete
  5. The puzzle sweater looks really cute. I haven't bought any shoes/boots from Madewell. Zipcode boots look awesome. Wonder if I should size up just in case.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small Town Gal, this might be a good time to try anything on since they have free shipping and free returns until the 24th. Good luck!

      Delete
  6. I think you must have that owl sweater tunic. Trying to ignore but love your picks. The sequined collar on that top is pretty, I'm reminding myself it doesn't work with my pearls. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, tiffany rose! The collar in itself is jewelry, isn't it? No pearls required. :)

      Delete
  7. I love the Zipcode Boots! I'm going to NYC next weekend and will make a stop at Madewell--might pick those up with my student discount!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! Please let us know how they fit.

      Delete
  8. So many cute picks. Thanks for the reminder to check out Madewell.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the owl sweater! The BF and I got to see a Raptor show last weekend, and one of the performers was a trained Great Horned Owl named Juniper. I'm tempted to buy this sweater so that I'll think of her when I wear it :) Thanks, Rose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There were so many things that I loved from the new arrivals. I headed to the store that night, but nothing was in store yet except for the bulldog ring, which I promptly bought (along with some other sale goodies since they had and additional 25% off sale items). I can't resist the doggies.
    There were so many things I loved, but at the top of my list were the blue plaid pants that I'm not entirely sure I could pull off, the silk multiprint dress and the cute suede bow wedges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree -- where do you stop? :D I have a few things on my list as well, and hope to grab a couple at least.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.