Thursday, October 4, 2012

J. Crew - October

Here are a couple more photos from JC I haven't had the chance to blog about before. Stripes are taken to a new level in the  Diagonal Long-Sleeve Sailor Top. I tried on size S, which fits TTS, but this top has NO give and is quite stiff because of the many stitchings. The back is all horizontal stripes, as you can see from the second photo. 

Diagonal Long-Sleeve Sailor Top (similar here, here)

Another stripey tee was the Raglan Sailor Top, also size S. The scoopneck is larger than on the previous tee, and it also has a back zipper. The stripes line up nicely at the side seams.

 
 Raglan Sailor Top (similar here, here, here)


Lastly, the Collection Beaded Colorblock Sweater size S. The yarn is viscose/wool/nylon/rabit hair  :45/24/23/8. The sweater is quite unique looking, but if I had a choice, I would still go for the Inside-Out Fair Isle Sweater which you may have seen here before. The colours in both are similar.


The B&M stores are offering 25% off sale items, while the website is offering outerwear for up to 25% off. The lovely xoxo of the Will Work 4 Shoes blog was kind enough to pass me one of her JC codes and I was able to apply it to the Fatigue Jacket. Not sure how this one escaped my attention for so long. I think it will be perfect when the rainy season starts, which should be anytime now.

Have you picked up an item or two? Please share.

12 comments:

  1. i am loving the stripes! :D

    <3, Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rose - thanks for the reviews! For some reason, despite it looking good on you, I just don't like the first top. If it doesn't look good on your skinny minnie, I don't think it would do much for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute tops! thank you for the reviews!

    xox P

    phiphi's blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I laughed at the bedazzled sweater when I saw it online but it looks decent on you. Maybe it's the casual skirt and your "I mean business" pose.

    Thanks for the shoutout. Of course there is no store here but I will be in the U.S. later this month. I suspect as per usual, there won't be any sort of promo going on when I visit. I might be tempted to ship a few new arrivals to my hotel, assuming the Holiday rollout is coming soon. As always I will be watching for your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I mean business, but there's always the dilemma of what do you do with your hands. :)

      Thanks again for the code. My coat just shipped and will be here in time, hopefully.

      Hope you find some deals while you are in the US.

      Delete
  5. Props to you - I tried to do this - -i-phone photo of myself yesterday and could not for the life of me do it. I am loving the stripes on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jody. ;) You need a Blackberry (the button is in the centre of the phone, not at the bottom).

      Delete
  6. I totally agree with you on the striped sailor top - weirdly stiff and uncomfortable, and somehow the diagonal stripes are badly placed. Anthro had several much nicer versions of this concept in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, cagliari67! I especially like the Anthro column dresses, which are a similar idea.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.