Thursday, October 25, 2012

J. Crew - October (IV)

Combine a really busy work week and a doggy living with me and what do you get? Not much time for blogging. Hopefully things will settle a bit next week so I can post a bit more regularly. In the meantime, some photos I had from a few trips back. The first ones are of the Stadium-Cloth Cocoon Coat size 2 in 'black' as well as in 'heather stone.' Some of you may not be fans of the zippered coats, but I like them. I got the Double-Cloth Envelope Coat last year (photos here) and loved it. The sleeves are too long on me, but other than that I liked this coat quite a bit. Excuse the blurry photo below.


Stadium-Cloth Cocoon Coat (similar here, here)

Next is the Perfect Shirt in Buffalo Check size 4 and 'buffalo blue' and 'buffalo red' colours. I sized up for this shirt. I take size 2 in most blouses, but the shirts are too narrow in the shoulders for me. It's a very soft and not too thick a flannel, and I love the blue better than the red. I already have a shirt in red/grey from Tommy Hilfiger I received as a gift a couple of Christmases ago. See the red on gigi here.

Perfect Shirt in Buffalo Check (similar here, here, here, here, here)

The Jewel-Neck Top size 4 fits boxy and big, but there was no size 2 to try on. It's 100% wool lined with poly. Nice idea for a festive top, but the poly lining killed for me. I can't stand it against my skin in tops. It has a nice, unexposed zipper at the back.

Jewel-Neck Top (similar here) 

Lastly, the Hacking Jacket in Double-Serge Wool size 4 and 'sheer mint.' Worn with a shirt this feels tight in the shoulders for me. I fit better in a Schoolboy Blazer of the same size. I tried it on with the Minnie Pants in Bi-Stretch Wool size 2. I have 2 pairs from last year in black and grey and they fit the same as the ones I got this year in 'cabernet' (photos here and here). I tried the regular length ones in the store but I ordered Tall size online.


Lastly, a score! I am still undecided whether to keep it or not. It's the Edie Grand in black/camel that sold out online before I even noticed.


Don't forget: code OURTREAT will get you an additional 30% off final sale items. And just when I said I was shopped out, the Icon Trench in Wool-Cashmere went on sale. I had my eye on the 'navy' and it slipped right by me. Luckily I was able to locate one in a store, and topped with the code and a couple of gift cards, I was able to snatch it for a very good price. Let's hope it's not too small for me. Originally I was thinking about the one in 'cabernet,' but I remembered years ago I had one that I wore for a couple of years and then that colour went out of style, so I decided 'navy' will be stick around longer.

This weekend I have an appointment that will take me through downtown, so I will make sure to stop by Caffe Artigiano for a Spanish latte. If you come through Vancouver, stop at one of their locations and order this drink. I promise you, you haven't had anything this good. Of course this is just a short stop on my way to J. Crew which is steps away, where I will be checking out the new arrivals in person.

Did you shop this sale? What did you get? Please share! What do you think of the two-tone Edie Grand? 


8 comments:

  1. No but I got the antique white pencil and the sterling skirt which is a fab bright orange.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and Rose, I got the tall, just below the knee as you said, it's my new happy length.

      Delete
    2. Would love to see the white skirt when you get it. Not a big fan of the sterling skirt... I prefer the pencils. They seem more flattering on me.

      Delete
  2. Good for you on the bag, Rose! Thanks for the reviews. YOu will see I put my order in today, and I ordered the same antqiue white skirt that Tabs and AJC ordered - Tabs - we will have to be careful when we travel in packs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I think there is no real danger there, is there? But I know what you mean... now that we have the store in Vancouver, I see a lot more J Crew on the street.

      Delete
  3. OOh I love that bag, but I'm a sucker for anything camel, I just buy it over and over again. In fact a bead necklace I bought this week is camel and yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting, Jody! Usually I can't be bothered much with camel because it doesn't look good against my skin, but I figured with the black and in a bag, might be ok.

      Delete

Spam will be deleted.